“Classic Steakhouse”

Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 8,906 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: La Branch
Description: Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse features an elegant, yet intimate atmosphere, created with an undeniable attention to detail. Our award-winning menu features only the finest prime beef, fresh seafood, delectable desserts, as well as an extensive wine collection.
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Do not expect innovation in the menu this is old school. But the crab cake appetizer is pure crab - one of the best I have had. Good sides — really enjoyed the cream spinach. I split the Tomahawk chop — three ways with some left over. I am not a fan of red velvet cake but I enjoyed it here — this restaurant was a pleasant surprise.

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

This restaurant delivers outstanding service and the food is fantastic. No wonder it was packed for lunch. Everyone we encountered was friendly and hospitable. It’s such a delightful feeling to be treated with such warmth. Oh...and the crab cake is absolutely heavenly! Mom and I both cleaned our plates.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We didn’t know it would be Restaurant week, or that there would be an Astro’s game.
But, the ever professional, wonderful staff at Vic and Anthony’s was marvelous.
We had the Restaurant week menu selection with the wine pairing, plus the world famous crab cake on top.

Everything was wonderful. Best crab cake, awesome lobster bisque, the redfish was amazing, and oh my word, the bread pudding and fabulous coffee. What a lovely, lovely, lovely dinner.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We recently ate here on a Saturday evening. We had a reservation and arrived 5 minutes before. It was 30 plus minutes before we were seated and there wasn’t any seating available in the bar. So we got our drinks and stood between the host stand and the bar. Apparently this isn’t a good place as staff seemed to be upset we were where we were. We asked the host where we should stand and she said dismissively “where ever.”

While we were waiting for our table the baseball game let out. Instantly the place was even more packed and the attitude of the staff was on full display. As the fans walked in staff yelled at them to “take your hat off.” People were confused with this initial comment instead of a welcome and oh by the way we do not allow hats.

When we finally made it to our table we felt rushed to make selections and order quickly. Food was fine. Lettuce on two of the salads was wilting and browning in a few areas. Steaks were fine and cooked as requested.

Bottom line, there is a ton of good places to eat in the area where staff enjoys their jobs and don’t make you their customers feel like you don’t belong. Avoid the attitude here and skip this sad excuse for fine dinning.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

During a show near by we took a few of our customers to Vic & Anthony's. The drinks were perfect and the wine selection very large. We shared a lot of appetizers and I have to say the Crab Cakes were as good as any I have ever had and I am from Baltimore. I had Trout and it was the best I have ever had.Everyone else had steaks that were cooked perfectly with a lot of great side dishes. This place also knows how to handle a crowd.