“Nassau Bay - WOW”

Viola & Agness Neo Soul Cafe
Ranked #416 of 8,398 Restaurants in Houston
Reviewed 6 September 2017

The food is to die for! This was our first visit and I can't wait to return.

The menu is determined by the fresh seafood available. So, be prepared for a new experience/menu with each visit. We observed Catfish, Snapper, Shrimp, Pork entrees - all looked great. The Gumbo looked out of this world - I'm sorry I didn't try it - but there will be many next times. We dined on Snapper with grilled Shrimp, and Shrimp and Grits - superb!

The atmosphere is very casual and relaxed.

The service is attentive, The platters arrive at your table as they come off the grill. Again, be flexible eat and enjoy. There isn't a hostess, so grab a table before you order!

And, A/V is BYOB - no corkage fee.

V/A is serving the best food in Nassau Bay and the surrounding Clear Lake Area - a Geat Culinary Experience.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Viola &I Agness' continues to impress me.

I travel to the area on business often, and always make a point of stopping in and seeing what's on the menu for the night. The owner/operators shop daily to set that days menu.

Gumbo and Fried Catfish sandwiches are what I ordered this day, and both were excellent. The catfish sandwich was perfectly fried and served with a subtle but tasty condiment that really made the difference.

If your in the Clear Lake area and want a authentic neo-New Orleans (that's new new) experience, you won't go wrong stopping at V&A.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

This place came highly recommended from a friend I trust. It didn't disappoint! The food was delicious. The atmosphere is lacking, but the food made up for it. The chef goes to the seafood and meat markets daily, so the menu can change from day to day. The fried catfish was thin and crispy. The remoulade and honey dipping sauces left me wanting more. Can't wait to go back and see what's new on the menu!

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

This restaurant gets 4 stars for food but only 2 for service. The food was good, prepared well and tasty. However, the fish and shrimp combo on the menu was served without any shrimp. When the waitress was asked where the shrimp was, she responded that the menu had a typo and shrimp was not included. No apology, just this ridiculous excuse. Ha! You think they might have mentioned that when the dish was ordered. Here is the timeframe of our lunch experience - from order to first dish delivered was 40 minutes; 15 minutes more for the next dish, 10 minutes for the 3rd and 5 more for the last dish. Others that ordered long after us were served earlier. When we asked the waitress the status of our order, she stated that our order was on the board, not lost. That was it. Again, no apology, ever. Apparently this level of service is acceptable at this restaurant. The quality of food was NOT worth this hassle. Never again.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

The restaurant is a little hard to find; there is no large sign and it is in a small strip center on Upper Bay Road. When you walk in, the menu will be at a table; there may also be special items on the blackboard to the left. The menu is limited, but everything is usually great. They are a specialty restaurant ( see the name) and quantities are limited. Show up early; they warn you that if you come late, they may be out of some of the items. We missed the gumbo because we got there about 1:30. Lunch is 11-2 and dinner 5-8 Wed-Sat; closed Mon, lunch only on Tue, Sun. Order at the counter and get your own tea or water. Some soft drinks are also available. I had the fried catfish with red beans and rice and cornbread. My wife had grilled cheese sandwich with tomato basil soup. The menu changes periodically, so check back occasionally on their website; We will be back soon.