1,096 results
All reviews dining room attention to detail original features well worth a visit course meal high standard the wow factor whole experience stayed for one night return visit malvern hills stanbrook abbey cooked breakfast afternoon tea full english yogurt games room
Reviewed 4 January 2017

REquesting a Twin bedded room, our first room was particularly had, single bed opposite the door, the other on the opposite side of the thin room, no wardrobe, no drawers & the beds werent full length. My 6'4" husband was in a 5"10" bed! Only 1 person could watch TV, so requested transfer, which was fine. BUT NO ADULTS SHOULD BE ALLOCATED THIS ROOM WITHOUT A WARNING as you dont realise the beds are short until too late. The staff, apart from the bar, were excellent,bar food was a surpise when our main course was served before our starters. Breakfast was bad, coffee stewed & cooked breakfast was dried out. Obviously been there since before 7am so by the time 9.15 arrived it was very poor. So although it could be a great hotel, it was let down by quite a lot of small things.

Room Tip: Make sure you vet the room before accepting it,
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2017

We were lucky enough to enjoy a works Christmas Party Night at Stanbrook Abbey on 10th Dec 2016, including an overnight stay. Stanbrook Abbey is beautiful and steeped in history which can be felt as you walk through the grand corridors. We stayed in the wing nearest the Chapel, there were four rooms which had a kitchen and sitting room for their exclusive use....faultless. The party night was very well organised in the marquee, with a disco in the room next door. There was 21 of us in total and all reports were good, would recommend.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

This place is one of the most surprising hotels I have ever stayed in with hidden treasures behind every door and with nowhere off limits.
The rooms we had were luxurious and spacious. We changed rooms as we extended our stay. Old style architecture are coupled with extremely modern buildings and I think it works really well.
The grounds are extensive and you can explore everywhere in the grounds the hotel and surrounding buildings. An amazing find for somewhere quirky and unusual to stay .

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2017

Last years party was brilliant and great atmosphere , we came back this year but with great regret it was very different not a great amount of guests Just Georges bar open if you wanted a drink it was a long walk back from eating areas.

Room Tip: Higher level rooms very nice
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

My Husband and I spent one night at Stanbrook Abbey as we were attending my cousins wedding. On arrival we were in awe of how spectacular the grounds and the building itself is. The abbey is beautiful and there is a perfect blend of old English church and modern architecture. We were upgraded to a room which had a lovely claw foot bath in it and his and hers sinks.service was excellent and we felt very welcome. There was a good selection at breakfast. My Husband and I don't drink cows milk and don't eat meat but we had plenty of hot and cold food to choose from and were given soya milk.
Be sure to go into the basement and make use of the games room or even the private dining area.
Thus was a lovely visit, I would highly recommend it if you are staying in the area. If the hotel had spa facilities this would seal the deal for me and I would make frequent visits for weekends away.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple