“Girl Scout troop charged for hotels mistake”
Review of Days Inn Granbury

Days Inn Granbury
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Granbury
Texas
“Girl Scout troop charged for hotels mistake”
Reviewed 28 March 2008

I made a reservation over the phone with this hotel for my Girl Scout troop. The reservation was suppose to be for May 16th. I secured the reservation on my debit card because they only had two rooms left for the night and they were the only hotel we could find with rooms available. In March, I found the hotel had assessed no show charges to my card. When confronted with the issue the manager claimed to remember taking the reservation for March 16th and refused to reverse the charges. Since we did not have permission from our council to take a trip in March, I did not get the Girl Scout travel training until the end of March, and the event we wanted to attend does not take place until May, there is no way I would have made the reservation for March.

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank TexasSamTexas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ft Worth, TX
Reviewed 9 April 2007

There is nothing spectacular about this place nor is there anything remarkable. The rooms are clean and comfortable and they are fairly quiet for a H/Motel situated along a very busy highway.

This place is convenient to the Lake and the Downtown area as well.

My advice is to skip their free breakfast with the typical artificial eggs and soy sausage and head over to the Firehouse Cafe. It's just down the road.

Overall I'd score this place about average. It is good for a night or two.

• Liked — Low price. — $57.00 a night with AAA card
  • Disliked — Nothing in particular
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
Reviewed 21 September 2006

I took a group of 28 to Granbury. In the days preceding our visit, I had to make many changes in our reservations. The mgr, Andrea Slate, was extremely helpful. Her patience and kindness went beyond customer service. At the last moment we needed a 14th room and Comfort Inn was full, so Andrea personally contacted another motel and made arrangements for us. The Comfort Inn is clean and lovely. The staff is terrific.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — The stairs
  • Tips/Secrets — Book early, they fill up quickly
  • Stayed September 2006
Chicago
Reviewed 20 September 2006

We just returned from our weekend stay at the Comfort Inn in Granbury. I've stayed at Comfort Inns in the past, and while they are not my favorite, I have had good experiences in the past. I really didn't have much of a choice when staying in Granbury (either the Comfort Inn, Best Western, or the Holiday Inn). I'm not a fan of Bed and Breakfasts, so I made my choice out of the three - based on price. For $64/night, it really couldn't be beat.

I'll start by saying that it is very hard to miss all three of these hotels from I-377. This is really no fault of the hotel - more so, of MapQuest, but I think it would be helpful if more detailed directions exist on the Hotel website.

The hotel is quite old - and opens to the outside - something I'm never fond of in that it usually implies a more dirty, older, and possibly buggier hotel. We did have flies travel into the room, and the room/bathroom had the makings of an older room. I'm not saying that the housekeeping staff didn't do a good job - they did - it's just, the hotel room still seemed dirty even after they cleaned.

The free breakfast was quite decent - from bagels/pastries to cereal to hot waffles. The pool was also decent. They had limited cable in the room.

My parents stayed at both the Best Western and the Comfort Inn in Granbury. The Best Western was about $90/night, whereas, they paid only $56/night at Comfort Inn. The Best Western seemed more modern, and had a free hot breakfast.

In my opinion, if you're someone like me, who likes more modern places, I would recommend the Best Western for the extra couple of dollars. However, if you're fine with older hotels and can't beat a deal (which the Comfort Inn was), I would go with the Comfort Inn. My suggestion to the Comfort Inn would be to spend a couple of dollars upgrading the rooms/bathrooms.

• Liked — Cheap Price
  • Disliked — Older Hotel
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JenniferLynn

Travellers are raving about these Granbury hotels

Boaz, Alabama
Reviewed 23 May 2006

Made a reservation here and later had a change of plans. I called more than a month in advance to cancel my reservation, and was told that I did not have a reservation showing in their system. I had a confirmation number, but the person insisted that I did NOT have a reservation. In May, I received my Visa bill with a " No Show" charge from this hotel! Have made 5 calls to them, and now they can find me in their system, and tell me I did not cancel, and they will not refund the No Show charge. They made the mistake, not me. So I would not recommend this place at all. J. Thompson..... Alabama

• Stayed May 2006