All reviews within walking distance get away la bella boutique hotel movie theater a wonderful italian restaurant executive room high ceilings coffee bar exterior room texas history staff was very friendly and helpful making me feel palmetto state park the hotel manager enjoyed our stay bagels
Reviewed 1 June 2018

I've had the pleasure of staying at The Dilworth and experienced a great stay. The hotel is centrally located in Gonzales and since Gonzales is a small town, you have all the local restaurants and shopping at your finger tips. I have enjoyed staying there. The hotel is clean and the staff is always at your disposal. I totally recommend this establishment.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Guadalupe O
TheDilworthInn, Innkeepers at The Dilworth Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Hi, Guadalupe. Thank you so much for your kind words and great review of our hotel. My name is Celia Waddle. I am the new innkeeper at The Dilworth along with my husband, Randy. As new innkeepers, we take pride in a clean and inviting place to stay at the best price possible. Please give us a call when you are planning your next stay. We look forward to meeting you.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

We made our 4th trip to the Dilworth for the first annual "Come and Taste It" festival. The lobby floor needed to be mopped. Saturday morning, the coffee bar upstairs was lacking several items and there was no bath matt in the bathroom. The drain in the tub was also out and on the side of the tub. We left for the day, and when we returned, our room had been "made up"? The bed covers were pulled up, not made up and the trash can had not been emptied. Sunday the coffee had been stocked, but trash can was overflowing. Barefoot employee in the lobby kind of bothers me, not very professional. I love this place, but this time, things were pretty sloppy.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Cathy, I am so sorry that your last visit at The Dilworth was not pleasant. My name is Celia Waddle. I am the new innkeeper at The Dilworth, along with my husband, Randy. Since we arrived in Gonzales on June 1st, we have worked hard to bring the polish back to the hotel. We have cleaned the entire hotel and checked and double-checked to make sure every room had the necessary amenities. We have upgraded the breakfast area and brew fresh coffee every morning. We are professionals and take pride in offering a clean and inviting place to stay. Please try us again the next time you are in town. We will be happy to upgrade your room for free. We look forward to meeting you.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

It’s a really cool old building. It’s been nicely done inside. Everything is nice. But. It’s one handicap access room would be nearly unworkable without a travel companion. The towel rack is far above the reach of a seated person, I’m very short and had a hard time reaching the towels. There isn’t a hand held shower, but there is a shower bench. Management knew the chain for the ceiling fan was too short for a seated guest to reach. It was mentioned on the phone that they had the extensions but hadn’t installed them yet. They weren’t accessible for our stay either. I would have needed to stand on the bed to reach the chain. But that being said, there was enough room to move around and we managed.

I was promised the “most quiet room in the hotel”. Nope. The other guests slammed drawers at the coffee station against our outer wall. The coffee station wasn’t stocked, so I did it before bed. Talking, slamming, until pretty late. Another guest shared their music until pretty late, along with their conversation. Once guests started getting up, we heard every toilet flush, every shower, every door slam, the coffee station and microwave use.so no sleeping in. It was dark. There were no windows.

All I want is a clean, comfortable and quiet room. There were hairs all over the bathroom, not mine or my husbands. There were used toiletries in the shower. Seriously, a used bar of soap, open shampoo. The previous guest left an open container of milk in the fridge. It was like they kicked someone out to give us the room. We got lucky and found a handicapped parking space on the square. There are 2 spaces in the area.

The breakfast area was always locked. The WiFi password posted was wrong. Got that fixed ok. Cell service is spotty.

We made it a good stay but wouldn’t stay again.

Room Tip: Choose an exterior room if you’re claustrophobic
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Jenny N, General Manager at The Dilworth Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Barbara,

First, I would like to say thank you for the review. We appreciate that you were so detailed because we cannot improve on things if we don't hear about them. We will be having a staff meeting about your review to make sure these details are gone over and improved on.

I do hate to hear that our room did not met your standards or ours. I take great pride in the cleanliness of the hotel and this is absolutely NOT acceptable.

The breakfast room is locked but is accessible with your room key. My front desk person should have explained that to you at check in.

Yes, our password has changed, but it was written on the back of your key card holder. We are currently printing off new folder covers that will be in each room.

As for the parking, the city does not allow any businesses to have preferred parking out front. So we can not control any of that. There are several spaces as you said across the street from us.

Cell service is spotty here in our hotel. Our 100+year old building with thick walls does not help the cell phone situation.

I do apologize that we did not meet your expectations and hope you will give us another try after making changes you pointed out.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

This place is small and wonderful. Beer and wine fest was amazing and the people were great. Museums were super interesting and this hotel was a a perfect distance to everything.

If your looking for a late night food source they have a Whataburger open 24hours.

Fort Worth loves Gonzales Texas

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2018

We stayed here for one night while taking in a history lesson of the Gonzales and Goliad areas. I received a text from Jenny the afternoon of our arrival asking about what time we would arrive so she could make sure she was there to check us in. (I knew that there wasn't someone there 24/7). She was super sweet and got us checked in. The room was huge, clean and the building itself has been kept up quite nice. There is a small room where they offer fruit, juice, cereal and various packaged muffins for breakfast. The elevator is small and slow but we found the stairs and used those. We were able to walk around the square and even walk to the movie theatre that night. On our way home my son realized he left a shirt behind so I texted Jenny. She said they found it and would take care of getting it back to us. I would definitely recommend the Dilworth.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family