All reviews room was clean bass pro shop quick stop coffee maker felt safe would stay again easy access interstate hairdryer desk microwave iron keys texas
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a week and all of our needs were met. Our room was clean and had a refrigerator, microwave which was nice. Breakfast was always hot and fresh. The staff were so friendly and have worked here for over 10-15 years. Anything we needed or questions asked were taken care of instantly. The housekeeping team was excellent and friendly.
It is an older place but meets every need we had and was economical. All rooms are outside doors. We were on the second floor and there are no elevators. We would return if ever needed!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2018

I had to make a quick stop here to get some rest on the way to my next stop. The front desk personnel was incredibly nice. This was my first stop upon returning to TX and boy did that feel good. Texas friendly is a thing. Front desk checked me in and gave me directions to get a quick bite even though it was late and the lady was so nice and genuinely seemed like she cared. The room wasn't the best but it was good enough to catch some sleep and grab a shower. Breakfast the next morning was ok. The grounds seemed safe and the lobby was nice and clean. Was my room a beautiful suite with an amazing view? of course not, I didn't pay for that room. I paid to get a room that was clean enough to sleep in and shower. (Yes, I wore flip flops because the carpet looked like it had been there for a while). The continental breakfast is just extra. HA! If you want something a little fancier, keep driving and you'll find it. The rooms weren't the best but when the people working there are caring, problem solvers and treat you nice, that is a reflection of the positive environment they work in and they get a pass for the not so impressive rooms. The location is perfect if you like having quick access to the interstate. Oh, if you don't know about using those light keys that are becoming more common these days (it's a Euro thing) you'll learn here.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Recently been to many hotels for work. I thought this was pretty good in comparison. Clean and the ft desk people were helpfull and polite. Bed was comfortable and room had it all. Microwave, hairdryer,coffee maker,iron and refrigerator. Enjoyed my stay. No hot tub tho.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank James w
Dilip P, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Garland - East Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

Somehow ended up in the not so clean room. Toothpaste on the bathroom wall, had to fix my own toilet and clean the looked like ralf on the floor, plus a white comforter that had a large yellow stain with coffee stains and tears, and the curtains had... something splattered on them, not to mention the ceiling had so much damage that I was afraid if it rained we'd get a free shower....also, just know there's stairs outside no elevator, and it's noisy as heck because there isn't enough insolation from interstate traffic, even if the fan is on. Oh, but breakfast was good. Basically, not feeling the quality, just a hotel that needs a massive renovation. -.-

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank KimS3281
Reviewed 15 October 2017

I read the reviews before booking this hotel. Somewhat misleading. We were in town for OU/Texas weekend for an unrelated event and finding a hotel was tough. Booked a two bed room, Dad and two daughters. Got a king with sofa bed. All they had. Ok stuff happens. The room was suppose to be no-smoking found cig butts when I opened the sleeper. 2 towels for 3 people? A second key to turn on electric in room? Room door goes directly outside so smokers grouped outside the door smoking and AC pulling it into the room. Unless you are accustomed to staying at very low end properties, avoid this hotel. If you do stay at less expensive properties you will probably rate this 4 or 5 stars. I found a different hotel close by for an extra 20 bucks for the second night of our stay. I would have paid a lot more to get out of this hotel.

Room tip: This is my perspective I have stayed at many choice hotels. This is not up to par!
Date of stay: October 2017