All reviews moody gardens spring hill waffles free breakfast disney cruise nice clean hotel place to stay balcony room choose this hotel staff was very friendly and helpful next morning pull out couch mini fridge nice stay check in was easy hot tub sea wall
Reviewed 19 August 2016

I stay at many Springhill Suites and this one is below average due to the lack of attention to cleaning. A rust ring around the toilet under the bowl clearly visible from the tub indicates the housekeeping staff has been cutting corners. The toilet did not flush well either. We stayed in room 401. The hotel food was quite good as you would expect from a Spring hill. The staff at the front desk was quite welcoming and friendly. The cookies, lemonade and chips were nice as an evening welcome.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LCMAN61
shs_galveston, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Galveston Island, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2016

Dear LCMAN,
I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience your encountered in your room. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. We have shared your feedback with the team in an effort to better our services.
Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Galveston.

Reviewed 9 August 2016

Had reservations at hotel for three nights. On the first night (July 26, 2016) that we were there, the parking lot was full but I was lucky to find a parking spot by a light pole thinking it was a good spot since I parked under the light. Was I wrong!! I woke up the next morning at 6 a.m. looked out the window and saw two police cars in front of hotel. When I looked towards my vehicle, I noticed the front passenger window had been smashed in. I hurried downstairs only to find out there were 12 other vehicles that had been burglarized as well. I never saw any hotel manager come outside to offer any assistance. Instead they sent the maintenance man to go and deal with the victims. There is no security onsite or security cameras outside. Needless to say, our vacation stay ended costing us $250 more after I got the widow and windshield (which the car thieves also cracked) replaced later that same day. I don't plan on staying at this hotel if I go back to Galveston.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank reruizsa

Dear RERUIZSA,
Please let us apologize for the difficulties and inconvenience you experienced at the Springhill Suites by Marriott Galveston. We are in constant pursuit of perfection and are already working on solutions that will prevent similar problems from occurring in the future.
Thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Galveston.

Reviewed 8 August 2016

Went to galvastion a day early for my cruise out of galati on .
Checked in around 3:30 pm ,& was checked into room quickly,. Suite was cool & very clean, nice ved , with a sitting room. In liveing room was a frig & microwave with coffee maker. Bargain was nice shower very clean. Ice just down the hall.
Breakfast was good and free!!! Nice staff ,really nice.

Room Tip: No electro outlets for Cpaps!!!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike C
Reviewed 31 July 2016

We have stayed here two times (we like to collect Marriott points) but were very disappointed both times. First time, half the lights were out, a chair was broken, toilet was clogged, AC was not working (in the middle of TX summer.. ouch), ants in the closet! Repeated complaints to the front desk got some but not all of the issues fixed. Thankfully we were out and about most of the 7 days we were there.

The next time, we had similar issues.. AC not working, bathtub leaking, elevator (they have only one) was broken. We got moved to another room and its was worse! Leak in the ceiling, mildewy showers, brown crusty smears on the bathroom door.. yuck! We couldn't get oout of there fast enough. At the rates this hotel charges, you are not getting your value for your money. This hotel does not deserve to be part of the Marriott brand.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel if you like cleanliness.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank bigtexadam
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Serviceable, clean, affordable. Friendly staff. Just off main road into Galveston. Some road noise from main highway but not overwhelming. About a 10 minute drive from the beach. Included self-serve breakfast okay. Fair variety of foods.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family