“Best breakfast around!”

Ranked #158 of 328 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

I always make sure to stop in for a Surprise and queso when I am in town. My favorite breakfast in Galveston.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We had breakfast here on a Sunday morning. Good authentic Mexican breakfast - don't be afraid to ask for something off the menu or to modify - they are friendly and aim to please.

1  Thank 8706McElrath
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

This small corner place in downtown looks like a local place that many go for quick cheap eats. Cheap yes, service great w a smile. Food was nothing to tasty. Found the eggs dry, salsa was bland at best. Wish it was better because a local place like this could be a great find. Its the food that let us down.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

We took a chance and googled Mexican restaurants that serve breakfast and after driving by a couple of dicey-looking places, ended up here and I'm glad we did! Huevos Rancheros like nobody's business. Homemade tortillas as big as your plate (that's why the breakfast tacos are $4 each, they are three times the normal size) and are the base for those tacos, burritos, flautas, etc. Good salsa, crispy chips, hand-cut potatoes, the best bacon EVER and tasty Ranchero sauce make up this yummy plate. Your drink glass never goes empty. The best part? The bill because everything is so reasonably priced. I wish they had one in my city!

2  Thank Nicole_Gus_2010
Reviewed 24 January 2017

Okay, I'm partial because this was my daughter's favorite breakfast hangout when she worked as a nurse at UTMB until Hurricane Ike. We love the Surprise breakfast taco. It's huge and worth the $4. Owner Gloria is on scene and keeps things going and the coffee is good. This is where the locals go. While I didn't see it this visit, it's not unusual to see the night staff getting off work at 7AM, eat order their evening meal in the morning.