“First time but not last”
Review of Gaido's

Gaido's
Reserve with OpenTable
Gaido's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 330 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$0 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 39th Street
Description: The toast of the Texas coast. How can frozen fish be called fresh? The answer for anyone with snap is simple: it can’t. That’s why Gaido’s is the classic choice for fresh Gulf seafood. Patrons know Gaido’s is real, when others are clearly not. From red snapper and blue crab to white tablecloths crumbed with panache, there’s no denying Gaido’s is one-of-a-kind in a world of imitation. Now, after four generations of filleting, frying, grilling and baking, Gaido’s has grown into the picture perfect place of traditions– birthdays, anniversaries, retirements, reunions. As the largest fresh fish house on the coast, Gaido’s can serve up to 2,500 happy diners a day. -– for over 100 years – is truly the coastal classic.
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

We’ve been going to Galveston for years but never eaten here before. We will definitely be back. I had the Crawfish Asiago and it was great! My husband had the combination platter with the mahi mahi. He liked it. Topped the night off with creme brûlée which didn’t disappoint either. I suggest making reservations. We ate at the bar since we didn’t have reservations.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,366)

Reviewed 16 August 2018

We enjoyed our dinner here so much that we came back for dinner the next night. We were not disappointed. Justin B took excellent care of us. He knew the menu and knew what we could do to elevate the already delicious items we ordered. The lobster bisque was smooth and rich and delicious. The crab stuffed shrimp were divine. The American Red Snapper was perfectly cooked and was a very generous portion. The creme brulee was silky and smooth wonderfulness. Next time we make our way to Galveston we'll definitely be back!

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Our waitstaff was super attentive and knowledgeable about what was on the menu. Justin our waiter steered us in the right direction with the special of the day. The golden tile fish cooked blackened with Cajun seasoning was delish, we also had the spinach crab dip which was creamy and satisfying. Their bread is served soft and warm with a delightful olive oil and herb dip.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Anne was our server and she took great care into checking on us and making sure we had everything we needed and our 7 year old in tow.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

Every time I visit Galveston my first priority is to book a table at Gaido's. It is by far my favorite restaurant! The atmosphere, service, food and drinks always exceed my expectations. My waiter at my last visit this previous Thursday was called Justin B. It was so clear that he genuinely enjoyed his job and took great pride in the restaurant and it's food and drinks. His menu knowledge and his enthusiasm shone through! What a wonderful experience! Keep up the excellent quality and service! I look forward to visiting again soon.