“It'll Do” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #40 of 52 Hotels in Galveston
Beaumont, Texas
“It'll Do”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

This was a one nighter stay and For the price it fit our needs....don't expect a lavish breakfast or even a filling one You'll be disappointed, There's No pool so keep that in mind if you have lil' ones.....It's not on the seawall but it was priced about 20$ less then other comparable hotels....so for those of You that are needing to find a deal and can do without a few luxuries check this place out........Best of Rest to Ya!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
DFW, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

This place is off the beaten trail but affords easy access to the cruise terminal and will let you leave your car there for the week with a permit from their office. Decent rooms with nice staff. We have been staying here for our pre-cruise night for years with no problems and have recommended it to friends and family. If you are on a budget, it is just fine. If you are on vacation in Galveston for any length of time, you might want to be closer to the action and the beaches. Our room was clean and quiet and at no time did we hear the guests on either side of us. We could hear noise from the parking lot at times, but not very much once the place filled up for the night.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lajollamis
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

Over Memorial Day weekend, a group of us ( 3 families of 4) went to Galveston for a family beach trip. All of the rooms in Galveston were outrageously priced and we ran across a good bargain on this hotel. Read the review and we all were a little skeptical. To our surprise, the hotel suited us just fine. Rooms were clean, decently furnished, management were friendly and although all rooms were filled, it l was pretty quiet around the hotel. I would put it in the Motel 6/ Super 8 category. It is a little out of the way but only 4 minutes to the pier/strand and about the same to the seawall (depending on traffic) Would definately stay again

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank wandacraig3
Houston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2011

In my room (#114) at the end of playing tourist, I turned the TV on and relaxed on the bed. I initially thought the radio was on because I could hear something that wasn't the TV. I turned off the TV and realized that I could clearly hear and understand the people in room 115. It was if they were in the same room with me. I complained to the manager about Midnight and was told that I could switch rooms in the morning. At 1:30, I complained again and he came to the room to see what the problem was. He came into the room and listened to the conversation next door. He told me the wall was plywood, that he would go over there and ask them to "speak more slowly." I put that down to his problem with the English language. He then (quite rudely) told me that he could switch us to another room, but that on Saturday night they were going to be full and that if I had another problem, I could "survive or check out". His words, not mine. The other room was quiet and we were able to go to sleep. The day manager asked me the next morning if we had any further problems because of the "argument next door in 115". I him that it had not been an argument, just a normal converstion, and that it was still completely audible in the room next door. His night manager had incorrectly reported the problem to him.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank PlywoodWalls

Travellers are raving about these Galveston hotels

texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2009

i chose the place for free parking, didn't care for there room, didn't care for them watching my car... For cruise parking I recommend LIGHTHOUSE PARKING (http://www.lighthouseparking.org/)
I am a firm believer of you get what you pay for and I don't expect much from a room. All I need is a place to sleep and shower... BUT this place was the worst! There was an annoying musky odor lingering in the air... it turned out to be the carpets. My theory is, carpets got soaked and the easy fix was to let them air dry and then mask the odor, as opposed to replacing them. (seems convenient to blame it on hurricane ike). It was so disgusting that I went to both gas stations in search of Lysol/Glade/anything.
I went to bed just waiting to get up, shower and get the heck out.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple