Open today: 10:00 - 17:00

More Info
from US$520.00
More Info
1,175 results
All reviews self guided tour stained glass own pace catholic church attic tour gift shop in the basement beautiful wood third floor old house historical society audio device beautiful historic home moody mansion amazing architecture interesting history turn of the century galveston history
Reviewed 22 November 2017

Beautiful house with lots of rich wood. Staff was friendly and informative. Wish more of the house open to the public.

Date of experience: December 2016
1  Thank 346ronc
Reviewed 22 November 2017

This house is a real show stopper from the outside. The inside has 19,082 square feet however when we were there only two floors were open for viewing. It's my understanding at different times they even have an attic tour. They have an audio tour included in the price that tells you about each of the rooms. This house withstood the Hurricane of 1900 which almost whipped out the entire city. The interior is furnished lavishly of a bygone era.

1  Thank Car0l27
Reviewed 16 November 2017

A tour of the house was interesting, but nothing unique from other historic buildings that I have toured. At times, it was hard to determine if you were in the same room that the audio guide was describing. I'm glad I took the tour, but if I had it to do over, I would skip the tour.

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank adventurer1234
Reviewed 12 November 2017

This is the most beautiful of all the buildings on the Broadway Avenue. It was closed when we're there but it worths visit though only taking some pictures.

1  Thank Solodam J
Reviewed 8 November 2017

We went to the Bishop's Palace in Galveston. The house was built between 1897 and 1893. The house has four floors The tour is interesting. The gift shop is nice to see.
We enjoyed our visit.

We visited mid week and found parking on the street.

1  Thank mini