All reviews self serve breakfast cruise parking cruise departure free shuttle definitely stay here again comfortable beds pre cruise next morning weekend stay location was perfect fridge and microwave free breakfast third floor mardi gras galveston island ship sinks
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Their credit card processing machine was not functioning (after I used 2 different credit cards). Then was asked to get cash funds at convenience store ATM a mile away at 10:30 pm (after driving 13 hours to get to our destination) Left. Did not return. Stayed at the beautiful Courtyard Marriott, where it was a complete pleasure.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sylvia S
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

The hotel is was pretty nice and clean on the outside. A lot of bugs in the stairways. When we got to the room it smelled nice and clean. The bed was rock hard. Felt like we had slept on the floor. The tv was antenna so the channels would cut in and out. All of the light switches were black with dirt. The toilet had black stuff on the sides running down and there was hair behind the door stuck to the walls. There was one day we came in and they had the sheets draped over the rails drying. If all the other hotels wrre not booked we would have paid the money to cancel the reservations. We will not ever stay here again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank susanshandley
Reviewed 22 February 2018

We spent one night here before our cruise. We chose this motel based on location near the cruise departure. A very dated but admittedly clean motel. The tile floors in the bathrooms were so slick, if you moved suddenly, you would fall. It was as if you're on ice. The owners said it was humidity, but another guest indicated they were applying soap to clean the floors and not rinsing it. Very hazardous. All guest rooms are in an elevated structure with no elevator. Not sure how they are getting around ADA requirements. Breakfast was listed, but turned out to be bread and dry rolls. The beds were very cheap mattresses on plywood bases, most uncomfortable. We decided to make the best of it and soldier through. The next morning one of our group (over age 60) fell in an unlit stairwell. He had a pretty good lump on his knee. Fortunately he guarded his head as he fell. My recommendation is find a hotel that provides a shuttle or take an Uber to the boat. This hotel bills 'free shuttle' but they are not licensed and their van drops you off across the very busy street from where you need to be dropped off, leaving you to haul bags down the street. We will not stay there again under any circumstance.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BigL49
Reviewed 21 February 2018

We stayed here the night before our cruise left from Galveston. I had done my research, read the TripAdvisor reviews and thought it would be just fine for the one night. When we arrived we were met with a cranky Chinese guy at the front desk who really wasn't pleasant at all. We got to our room and when we open the door the smell of cleaning chemicals was beyond overpowering. First thought, "Great this place is clean!" Not so much. I am not sure if they just squirted floor wax on the floor and called it good, but you couldn't even stand up on our floor. Your feet kept sliding out from under you. Quite comical, but not so funny for older guests I would imagine.

The bathroom was less than clean. There were hairs all over and the floor looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while. The corners were full of dust bunnies & hair. Gross!
Also in the shower there is a pretty low ceiling and there were dirty hand prints on it??

The beds and pillows need to be updated. The pillows are flat and useless and the beds are not comfy. Also, the comforter on one of the beds had a cigarette burn in it. How long ago did you ban smoking in these rooms??!! Everything needs to be updated. When you charge $140 a night and I am sure you get quite a few guests for cruises you can afford to update.

The free shuttle to the cruise ship was nice and our driver was very friendly. Would I stay here again, never! It needs to be cleaned. If you do choose to stay here, make sure you eat before you get here. There are no restaurants anywhere near here and if you don't have a car you are SOL.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeff H
Reviewed 12 February 2018

I booked this motel about 1 week before Mardi Gras and honestly wasn't expecting much. I was so wrong.The nice man at the desk made check in smooth and quick. Held my room due to the heavy traffic. Arrived to the room and it was very clean and my nose told me so. The room smelled fresh and clean and it was, beds were great, comfy and plenty of pillows. The luggage room was great and I found the bar sink, fridge and microwave and coffee pot all in this room and thought what a great way to separate food from the rest of the room. Bathroom was recently updated and had nice vibe of form and function and looked great. Again, extremely clean. All tile everywhere but no noise. Nice cheery yellow paint. privacy screen over window nice touch. Cute portal privacy glass windows facing walkway. Plenty of free parking, wifi was fine and continental breakfast was adequate. Place has a pool outside, but this is winter right now so didn't use it but a nice size. Very modern front desk. looks like they are remodeling. I do recommend back rooms on "odd side" because located near the ferry you hear it "honk" every hour at night when they are leaving the dock. This did not detract from our stay and the location was perfect for my 5 min drive to drop off area for Mardi Gras entrance. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: February 2018