All reviewspleasure pieracross the streetfish talesamusement parkshampoo and conditionerhotel is in a great locationbeds were comfortablepre cruisesea wallthe room was niceseawall blvdcruise terminalconsprosportstrand
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Check in was quick and clerk was pleasant. Room was clean and bed was fine. It’s located on the east end on the Seawall. Can just walk across the street to the beach. I would stay here again because of the location

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Teaxasborn5
Reviewed 15 November 2017

The front desk staff was super. Jessica was very nice, very accomodating, and made sure my room was what I'm used to with Marriott. This was the first time i've ever stayed at a Sheraton as I'm a lifetime gold with Marriott. This place was great.

Room Tip: beachfront hotel so all rooms are similar
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Great value for the location, across from Pleasure Pier and close to several restaurants including Bubba Gump’s and Fish Tales. Wendy’s is right next door as well for a quick bite. Great for a one or two night stay.
Rooms were clean for the most part, however after getting in the shower I found out there was no soap in one of the 3 dispensers that are provided in the shower (one is for soap, shampoo and conditioner). I️ was thinking shouldn’t housekeeping check this everyday or at least after a guest departs to make sure it is full? Mentioned to the front desk at check out and no apology was given, just said they would tell someone. Was a little confused by that.
There is a bar in the lobby and it was definitely active late into the night on a Friday night. Would not want a room near the front on the first floor.
I would stay here again when there is a good room rate available.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brad S
Jung W, General Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Galveston, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to bring such matters to our attention. We value your patronage and certainly want to know if you are dissatisfied in any way. Your feed back provides us with the information needed to correct problems and improve on the services we offer our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future and show you how your remarks were used constructively.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night to go to Oktoberfest. When we arrived, clerk was at the bar, then room she gave us, bed was undone, dirty towels all over the bathroom. We went back to front office , clerk gave us another room. Next day, we called to get room service twice, no answer. I had to go hunt down someone that was serving breakfast bc no one was at front desk. The lady I talked to kept trying to convince me to do Buffett bc she was busy, I told her we want room service, period. Reluctantly she took our order. When we went to ck out, day clerk without asking our names, just looked at the keys and ck out. We had made our reservations through Hotwire, as you know, you have to prepay full amount, you get an excellent rate. We explain to him what happened when we ck in while he did ck out. Told us we didn’t have cheaper rate that we had prepaid. Manager shows up, I show them the receipt from Hotwire. She’s like I will fix it don’t worry. Then she asks is your last name *****. We said no it isn’t, we explained what happened night before. She then realized, night clerk never corrected info that she had moved us, day clerk was actually cking out some other guest. They apologized. Talk about a royal mess. Outside of that, room was comfortable, food was great.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. I have discussed your comments with our front desk staff and corrective action is being taken to address the deficiencies that you noted in your review, (a royal mess). We appreciate your bringing these matters to our attention so that we can improve the services we offer our guests.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Hotel is centrally located to fish tale restaurant,(ok for lunch)and Bubba Gump, which is at the foot of Pier 21. Pier 21 is a rip off. They charge 10.00 just to walk in and 26 more if you care to ride anything.
Now more about the hotel. We reserve a queen suite with two queen beds and a queen sofa bed. The person Elizabeth checking us in was the RUDEST person. She told a worker to show us the room because we had to go outside then back in. when we got to the room the man stood at the door and asked us if the room was clean. (That was the first red flag)Little did we know then why. Of course the room was not what we paid for. It only had one queen bed. We went back down to ask for the room we reserved and was stated on our paper. Elizabeth again was very rude and said she didn't have anything else.
When it came time to go to bed there were dirty sheets on the sofa bed and the queen bed was filthy. I won't go into what was on those sheets. We called the front desk and Jessica the front desk clerk came to the room. She wouldn't even touch the bed without gloves on. She couldn't believe what she saw. Jessica was so sweet, kept saying how sorry she was and did everything possible to make thing right. I won't be staying here again. One other note, all the people we came in contact with were rude except the lady waiting on us at Wendy's and Jessica at the hotel.

Room Tip: We were at the back of the hotel that I think they use when people stay here before a cruise
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank 920cherieb
Jung W, General Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Galveston, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I am sorry you were disappointed on this occasion, and I apologize for any discomfort you experienced.
I am very sorry to hear of the inappropriate and rude treatment you received from our front desk clerk when you were a guest in our hotel. I have discussed her attitude with her and she joins me in offering a sincere apology for her inappropriate behavior. Please be assured that such a poor attitude by any of our staff members will not be tolerated at our hotel. Also I am very sorry that you were dissatisfied with our housekeeping efforts in your sleeping room. I appreciate your feedback and have discussed the issue in your comment with our head housekeeper. She will be addressing these matters with her staff and is committed to ensuring that these problems will not occur again.
Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will consider this an isolated incident and that you will continue to stay at Starwood Hotels for quality accommodations and services in the future.

General manager