“Off to a slow start, but....”

Taquilo's Tex-Mex Cantina
Ranked #44 of 324 Restaurants in Galveston
Reviewed 23 October 2017

I visited on a Monday afternoon for lunch. The weather was beautiful, so I wanted to sit outside. I stood at the "podium" and waited for someone to greet me. And I stood, and I stood. I saw several servers inside notice me, so I waited just a few minutes more before I gave up and went inside. There was no "seat yourself" signing outside, but when I opened the door, a server did acknowledge me right away and told me to sit anywhere. I decided to sit inside and things turned around quickly. My server acknowledged me immediately and brought water and chips/salsa quickly.

I was going to try the fajitas, but after seeing that they were almost $25, and most likely much more food than I could eat at lunch, I decided to try the chicken flauta appetizer instead. I'm so glad that I made that decision! The flautas came out quickly and the portion size was HUGE! They were delicious and I was barely able to finish them. I left stuffed and happy for just over $10. Once I went inside, the level of service was perfect! I will be back.

2  Thank Deena S
KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Taquilo's Tex-Mex Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Thank you so much, Deena, for this great review and for sharing the details of your visit. So glad you enjoyed your lunch with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

This place was just okay. We got a new waiter I think and he may have been overwhelmed with 7 people and other tables. Many items came out wrong and some appetizers never came at all. Portions are hardy so probably good to share unless you’re really hungry. Rice is great and so are the bacon wrapped chicken

1  Thank pooka324
KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Taquilo's Tex-Mex Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you for bringing the details of your visit to our attention. I think we may have been in contact with another person in your party. We appreciate our diners' input so we can continually improve the dining experience and we hope that you'll come see us again.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

The food is outstanding and well seasoned, a great balance of flavors. The service was friendly, fast and informative. They take care of their customers.

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Taquilo's Tex-Mex Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you so much, Vickie, for the excellent rating! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and we hope you'll come see us again soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

We went in to Taquilo's on a double date and ordered the Family Fajitas. It was SO much food! We all ate at the table, and had left overs for each couple to take home! Happy Hour Margaritas were a great addition to a yummy, budget friendly night out!

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Taquilo's Tex-Mex Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you so much Angie, for the great review. We're so glad you and your group enjoyed an evening of fajitas and margaritas with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Visited this place last night with 2 kids. We don't eat Mexican a lot so needed a bit of help ordering. Our waiter was super helpful and friendly and got the food made to suit us. Food was amazing and the frozen mango margarita was to die for!

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Taquilo's Tex-Mex Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank you so much, Charlotte, for this excellent review! We're so glad you and your family enjoyed your visit with us and your server could help with ordering just want you needed. We hope you'll come back and see us again soon.