“Amazing food and service, a must!”

Taquilo's Tex-Mex Cantina
Ranked #42 of 330 Restaurants in Galveston
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

The food is outstanding and well seasoned, a great balance of flavors. The service was friendly, fast and informative. They take care of their customers.

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Taquilo's Tex-Mex Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you so much, Vickie, for the excellent rating! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and we hope you'll come see us again soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

We went in to Taquilo's on a double date and ordered the Family Fajitas. It was SO much food! We all ate at the table, and had left overs for each couple to take home! Happy Hour Margaritas were a great addition to a yummy, budget friendly night out!

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Taquilo's Tex-Mex Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you so much Angie, for the great review. We're so glad you and your group enjoyed an evening of fajitas and margaritas with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Visited this place last night with 2 kids. We don't eat Mexican a lot so needed a bit of help ordering. Our waiter was super helpful and friendly and got the food made to suit us. Food was amazing and the frozen mango margarita was to die for!

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Taquilo's Tex-Mex Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank you so much, Charlotte, for this excellent review! We're so glad you and your family enjoyed your visit with us and your server could help with ordering just want you needed. We hope you'll come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

My family decided to pop in to this place after getting a recommendation from a local shop owner. We were popping in to get a light meal to hold us over until dinner as we had just visited the shrimp festival on the strand and weren't too horribly hungry. With that said, my husband and daughter ordered and split a taco plate. When the waitress came to me, I told her I wanted a regular queso and regular order of chicken besos. The food took quite awhile to get but our waitress made sure to keep our drinks full, she gave great service. But then came the entrees.. My order of besos were brought out and it was an order of shrimp besos, I ordered chicken. No big deal, the waitress said she had it right and the kitchen got it wrong.. so awhile later my correct order came out but it was a large. I only ate a few of them with my queso and my husband had a couple himself... we only ate 6 as ordered and informed our waitress when we got the bill that she charged us for both the large queso and besos. That was roughly $10 more then the regular size that I ordered added to my bill. She said that is what she wrote down..large. I felt like it was a tactic to overcharge. She fixed the bill but it left a really bad taste in my mouth about going back. Sad too as the food was good enough to visit again.. We shall see what our future holds and if we decide to give it another try. So my opinion, food is good but watch your ticket.

1  Thank TBeck2015
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Good food, mediocre service. Over ten minutes to get water, appetizer and food took a long time and served back to back. Restaurant wasn't busy, observed some staff standing around idle. The beef quesadilla was excellent, except that I ordered chicken quesadilla . As long as it took to get it, I wasn't about to ask them to change it. This is out of character for this restaurant. I suspect it was because it was a Monday. I'll go back but on days other than Monday.

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Taquilo's Tex-Mex Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and share the details of your visit. We value our diners' input and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We don't believe that Monday is an excuse for service not being absolutely perfect. We're going to check with staff for any issues we're unaware of. We look forward to seeing you again and please let us know about your next visit. - Karla, karla@galvestonrestaurantgroup.com