All reviewsbordeaux roomcharming b bstrandguestsbathamenities
Reviewed 4 August 2017

We stayed at this charming house overnight in order to attend a concert at the Grand Opera House. The house is very cute and decorated with a lot of antiques and memorabilia relating to Galveston - fun to explore. The hostess, Linda, is warm and welcoming, not to mention an excellent cook. Be prepared for a gourmet 3 course breakfast - you will want to be hungry. It was about a mile walk down to the strand. The Trolley also runs by - but stops at 10 P.M. We stayed in the Bordeaux room with the detached bath. Linda provides bath robes for that short walk down the hall. I would have liked a couple of upholstered chairs in the room to create a seating area since there's not really a common gathering or seating area available in the house. To me, the living room seems a bit too personalized and not really comfortable for guests.. The hot water supply ran short - just don't have everyone shower at once. Even so, I would book here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Linda W, Owner at The Villa Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Thank you for the wonderful review. I look forward to seeing you again.
Your Hostess at The Villa Bed and Breakfast
Linda

Reviewed 10 July 2017

My husband and I stayed for a quick romantic getaway, and loved every minute! The house and room are adorable, Linda is a welcoming host, and the dogs are part of the package :-) The quick access to the free Island Trolley system made enjoying the other amenities of Galveston easy and fun! To top it off, Linda's home cooked breakfast was top notch, and absolutely delicious.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Linda W, Owner at The Villa Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Thank you for the wonderful review. I do enjoy my Villa Bed and Breakfast and the great guests I have the pleasure of meeting.
I hope to see you again soon.
Your Hostess at The Villa Bed and Breakfast
Linda

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

We found Linda's Villa when calling one of her competitive b&b's that were booked up. We are so thankful to have found her and her lovely place. We are not b&b regulars. It can feel ackward "invading" another person's home. Linda greeted us with welcoming hugs and southern hospitality. We had a lovely room with jetted tub bath attached. She has a very well trained little puff ball of a dog and a new puppy she is training. We are not particularly dog lovers but it was so fun to watch the other guests cuddling and enjoying them. If you're looking for a sterile perfect environment this might not be for you. If you are looking for "real: comfortable & homey. This is the place. We will stay here again ! Excellent value!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2016

I stayed at The Villa B & B. I felt right at home. Linda is a warm and thoughtful hostess. It was just like visiting a relative. The house is beautiful and comfortable, also quiet so you get a good night's sleep. The area is beautiful and locations is great. One can walk, taxi a short distance or drive a short distance anywhere on the Island. Easy and safe walk to the beach. Linda is a fantastic chef. I love her door greeter. I highly recommend staying at The Villa Bed and Breakfast in Galveston.

Room Tip: The Provence Room has a big jacuzzi and the balcony. I drank coffee on the balcony and watched the morning begin.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank salleestardust
Reviewed 24 March 2016

We were greeted with a smile and hug from a chatty Linda and her well behaved poodle Taz. Our room was very comfortable, spacious and furnished with antiques. The three breakfasts were fixed with our dietary restrictions in mind and were quite tasty.

We were surprised when our room was not touched in three days, our trash accumulated and when we requested a box of tissues it never arrived. The personal touches that we have come to appreciate in other B&Bs were just not there.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Linda W, Owner at The Villa Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2016

I will do better next time