“Understaffed but ok food”
Review of La Madeleine

La Madeleine
Ranked #89 of 538 Restaurants in Frisco
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 6 May 2018

Came by for a light dinner on Sunday around 6pm. Majority of outside tables were not cleared and had been that way for a while judging by how wind and birds had spread things around. The tidiness inside was marginally better. Only saw three staff during my visit, so they probably had been overwhelmed by Sunday afternoon traffic.

Food was fine though, good soup, decent sandwich and fresh fruits. Decoration did not appeal to me, I'd rather be in a McDonalds, and barely could be characterised as French. Weirdly selected and loud music too that nobody seemed to enjoy. Play some French melodies instead?

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped for breakfast yesterday and were
glad we did! The food was outstanding and the service was tops. We had the French Country Breakfast with coffee & grapefruit juice with croissants. Served in a pleasant atmosphere this was a great way to start the day...

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Stopped in for breakfast. Food and service is very good. All the bakery items are fresh, and many choices. The service was good, and everything was very clean.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Received an email from this establishment asking me to order with free delivery. Spent a half hour talking to two nitwits who thought they were doing me a favor by accepting an order. They contacted me, remember! Then they told me I had to use their app, which I had already attempted to no avail. Their app procedure is like trying to gain entry to Fort Knox! All in all a miserable experience, with the Manager telling me that “ The Lord knows best. “ Can you believe it?

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

I traveled to Plano for a business trip and La Madeleine became my "go to" place to pick up dinner after a long day at work. The restaurant is centrally located to many hotels and businesses in the area and I could order food to go rather than sit alone in a restaurant. I also ordered upon arriving and never waiting more than 5-10 minutes for my order. It is beautifully decorated and although I did not eat in, there is a nice area to wait and enjoy a glass a wine. I had several salads during the week (caesar, spinach, cranberry/pecan, and strawberry Romaoff - all of which were great with superb dressings. The strawberry Romaoff is more of a dessert option though, basically strawberries and yummy dressing, which was fine with me. The French onion soup was rich and delicious - they give you the croutons and cheese when ordering to go. The croque monsieur sandwich, ham and cheese topped with a cream sauce, was the best - I ordered the half sized sandwich with soup and salad and had trouble finishing it all. The quiche florentine - perfect. I also heard from others who live in the area that the bread and pastries are top notch. As for complaints about service problems - they have several young employees in training. It was better some nights than others... but this is basically fast food (super, super delicious fast food). I ordered an entree, soup, salad and had a glass of wine while I waited for 15 bucks! The staff was learning but always courteous and trying their best. I couldn't have asked for more. Great value.

Been to La Madeleine? Share your experiences!