“Bad food, overprice”

Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I came here with my daughter to try out using a Groupon, paid $20 for $40 value, since we never eat here before.
For those of you are not familiar with Groupon, basically Groupon is an online deal-of-the-day that is localized to major geographic markets, normally buying the deal for 50% off the regular price.

As soon as we sat down, the waiter asked us if we use some kind of coupon.
Bad sign, does it mean Groupon customer would receive a different service.
When the check came, it was for 2 adults ($60). I asked them to correct since my daughter is only 11 yrs old.
Then the manager named Pete came, said that he either accept with the Groupon for 2 adults or without the Groupon for an adult and a child. I said, the Groupon does not say about the restriction, he replied that a lot of thing the Groupon does not say and I can call Groupon to complain. He said "I am telling you that you only have 2 choices with or without Groupon, that is our policy".
For non-Groupon user the Sunday lunch is $24.95/adult, but for Groupon user, the price is $29.95/adult. The manager said the price $24.95 cannot be used with Groupon.
The bill had 18% gratitude already added based on the full price, the manager said gratitude is automatically added for all Groupon users. I said we are not happy with the manager/restaurant policy for discriminating Groupon users.
I have tried Fogo de Chao, Texas de Brazil, Rafain and Braza Dancante, and I can say the meat here is not as good as other places, the service is bad especially if you are Groupon user.
This place is loosing money/business, that is why they offer Groupon. But they treat Groupon users differently. The manager (Pete) does not seem to care for the business, the customers or the customer reviews when I said I will not come back here again and will not recommend this place, he just walked away. BTW, he refused to give out his last name, just Pete.

Until I came home and told my wife, she did some calculation and figured out we ended up paid more with Groupon than without Groupon. As you can see, Groupon users will be ripped off if you think you are getting a bargain. I hope people will read this review before buying the Groupon offer from Master Grill, Frisco, TX.

With Groupon:
paid in advance $20 (for $40 value) + $59.90 for 2 adutls + tax $4.94 - $40 Groupon value + 18% tip from before applying Groupon $10.78 = $55.62

Without Groupon:
adult $24.95 + child $14.95 + tax $3.29 + 18% tip $7.18 = $50.37

As you can see, this restaurant will make every effort to overcharge Groupon users. Adult price $29.95 instead of child price $14.95, $29.95 for adult Sunday lunch instead of $24.95 advertised. I will definitely never come back here again. BAD SERVICE, BAD FOOD!
DO NOT buy Groupon for this restaurant, you will end up pay more than without Groupon. BAD DEAL!

Hope this review will help people from total disappointment. I read other reviews, most people have rated either one or two, so I am not the only with a bad experience with this place. I think this place will go out of business soon if they keep doing this, bad service, bad food and scam/cheat Groupon users.

1  Thank Phil N

Reviewed 16 June 2012

Master Grill was always a distant third to Fogo and Tejas de Brazil but the new management (which even the waiters were complaining about tonight when we went) seems determined to run it right into the ground. Prices are up, quality and service are down. Won't be going back - the extra 20 minutes to get to one of their competators is well worth it....

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Mastergrill is comparable to a traditional churrascaria in Brazil/Argentina. This is my first to visit in the States, but I was glad to have farofa and chimichurri available. The house meat was my favorite meat. My other favorites: fried bananas and grilled pineapple. The restaurant was not busy (likely due to the holiday weekend), so we had great service). Overall, I would consider going again, but I will also continue to look for another location as well.

Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

My husband and I love to indulge in a Brazilian steakhouse experience on rare occasions. After moving to the Frisci area we were excited to find one so close to home. When we finally got the chance to eat at the establishment we were very underwhelmed by the selection and quality of meat. We found most of the options to be dry and overseasoned. Also, finding a strand of human hair was not a welcoming site.
I will give just due to the attentive servers and the 'deal'...but you def get what you pay for...poor quality and selection of meats.

1  Thank Ltpbishop
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We have a number of churrascarias in DFW. Mastergrill is great because it has great quality food without being quite as expensive as Texas de' Brazil or Fogo. They have a few less meats than the others but for me I can only eat so many before I am bursting at the seams anyway. I love the quality at Mastergrill. The salad bar is smaller than the others but let's face it, I'm not going to a churrascaria for a freaking salad.