All reviews german pastries local bakery room was clean continental breakfast clean place to stay in town older property owners live fresh pastries main street pastry ice machine microwave and refrigerator hill country outdoor pool close to downtown stay there again
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Worn, run down and does not have a clean look or feel at all. The outside looks lots better than the inside. Parking lot is very dark, no lights at all!!
The other reviews must be relatives! I won’t be staying here again!!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2018

This is an older property but that by itself is not in any way a negative point. After all, how old is the Sistine Chapel and nobody condemns it for being "old". It is an example of the "motor lodge" style ubiquitous in the 40s through 60s. Parking is at your front door. Since we were traveling with our dog and this is a pet friendly property, I consider that a plus, not a negative.

The room was clean and well maintained. The AC was comfortable and so were the beds.

The best part was the management. We arrived early, several hours before check-in time. I was told nothing would be available for a couple of hours. I was OK with that, after all we were early. We did have a committment in town however and I asked the young lady at the desk if there was somewhere we could drop our bags to free up some space in our vehicle. She was new, hired the same week, and didn't know. She called the manager (owner?) who was there in a manner of minutes.

She apologized saying they had no rooms ready due to many late checkouts. I also asked her if there was somewhere we could drop our bags and she asked me to wait a moment. She left to check with the cleaning staff and came back and told me they did have one room that was ready. She went the extra mile and earned a lot of points with me.

I could not be happier with the management of the property and the value it represents. We will be staying here again when we are in Fredericksburg.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

This is a no frills hotel but it was nice for the price. The room was clean and comfortable. The water pressure was low so I didn't use the shower. The breakfast was limited, as expected, but it was ok. I might stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Stayed only 1 night during our road trip in Texas but would definitely come back if needed… friendly people at the front dest, quite room, pretty clean and confortable... i recommend it 100% if you're in the area

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2018

I love this hotel. They helped us when we were running from Hurricane Harvey and we have been coming back again and again. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The staff is super friendly and the hotel itself is pet friendly which is very important to us. The German pastries are always welcome. The hotel is exceptionally run. Thank you for all our pleasant stays.

Date of stay: July 2018