“Quiet setting”
Review of Hoffman Haus

Hoffman Haus
Ranked #9 of 82 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I love staying at Hoffman haus. So friendly and accommodating. And love having a massage with Gabi. My first choice when staying in fredericksburg!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hoffman Haus

Reviewed 28 February 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at Hoffman Haus for an all-girls weekend-getaway and it was fabulous the second time too. The rooms are rustic and "cottagy," without being grandmotherly. They still have an updated edge with all the modern conveniences. And the breakfasts are to die for! I'm sad they quit having happy hour on Fridays :( the food was so good. It's also the best place to stay and still be able to walk to the great shopping on Main Street.

Room Tip: Book early. They fill up fast, especially if you want a "house" where several people can...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I picked this b & b based on the reviews. I surprised my husband with a weekend away from it all. The staff was extremely friendly!! I had to change my reservations because of my husband's work schedule and they did that no problem....yes I had to change rooms because the other one was booked but we figured it out and it was not a hastle. Then they called the day of to see what time to expect us. Since we were arriving after there was no one on the property they gave exact instructions on how to get to our room. That made it very simple to check in. The staff was also very helpful in trying to find great things to do. They suggested the best winerys, places to eat and best shops on the strip. We agreed with their suggestions about 90% of the time. Our favorite suggestions was the winery in Mason. It was a treck but worth it. Probably our favorite wine of the trip! FYI they don't make their own white wine so all the samples are red. For white only wine lovers like me he gave me a glass of white wine to drink while my husband sampled. My favorite wine of the trip!!

The room was perfect for the 2 of us. It had everything we needed. We stayed in the Crockett room. It had a coffee maker, tea, juice, hair dryer, plates, microwave, everything you would need. They even had fresh cookies for us...not just 1 there were 6 :). My only complaint about this room was that it was upstairs next to the tin roof that covered the porch. Since it rained hard most of the first night it was kind of loud. However, it is not something that would keep us from staying there again. Just know that is something you would have IF and I mean IF because that doesn't happen that often....it rains. Other than that we loved the wood floors, the bed was super comfortable and the tv and sitting area was great! The room had a very outdoorzy yet romantic feeling to it.

The grounds were really pretty from what we could tell since it rained. The only down side was that the whole driving area is the red dirt....or should I saw red mud. Since it rained walking around, to our cars, to the main area was pretty muddy so we had to put newspaper in the floor of our car so it wouldn't get everywhere. However, I bet when it is not raining it is a fantastic place to walk around.

The breakfast was something you either like or you don't. The first morning was a spinach quiche or casserole thing with a muffin, 2 sausage patties and fruit. The quiche was not something we particulary cared for and then some of the fruit was not ripe. The muffin however was delicious. The next morning was a sausage casserole with salsa, bran muffin, 2 sausage links and some fresh fruit. The sausage casserole was really good, and the fruit was very fresh and delicious. We did not really care for the bran muffin and the sausage links didn't look very good. But to their defense and I thank them for this!!! We had to leave that morning at 8 am...they usually don't have breakfast to you until 9....so they offered to leave our breakfast in the fridge for us the night before. So we got up that morning and reheated it. I think this would have been much better fresh.

Overall we loved this place and we definetely plan on coming back and trying other rooms. I scored this a 4 mearly because the food was not as good as we had hoped for and for all the mud. I know they can't help the rain but if they had gravel and or grass then it wouldn't be an issue. Other than that we loved it all!!

Room Tip: The Crockett room is only for 2 people. Could work if you have 1 child but definetely best for a we...
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We had an absolutely fabulous stay at the Hoffman Haus, in the BlueBonnet Suite. The staff was very friendly, the suite was clean, simple but luxurious, and the breakfast was fantastic. Very comfy bed, and nice grounds. We have nothing but positive things to say, and it is likely the best stay we have had at a bed and breakfast (and we have stayed at some stinkers!).

Reviewed 10 February 2012

I made reservations after reading all of the excellent reviews. This is the first BnB we have stayed at and we had a great experience. It was nice and quiet. I felt like we were the only ones there the whole weekend. The breakfast was excellent, it was delivered on time, and they did an exceptional job meeting my dietary needs. The staff was friendly. I would definitely go back to this BnB! A few minor reasons why we didn't rate as excellent: husband didn't get full on breakfast, one cat stalked us & we are not cat lovers, & the massage was pricey but sucked! BUT as I understand it, the massage therapist is not a full time employee of the Hoffman Haus.

Room Tip: Morning Star is right next to area to check in so we could hear cars coming back and forth. It didn...