“Flirty 30 Bday party”
Review of Hilmy Cellars

Hilmy Cellars
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I attended a special meal that had been prepared by reservation only. The food was very good, the scenery was lovely and the 2 Great Pyrenees dogs (Simon and Anastasia) added much to the evening. The entertainment, however, was poor.
The next day our party returned for a scheduled wine tasting. The room was packed with too many people, there were no enough servers for all the people at the table and the room was LOUD! Plus you had to stand while you waited for the server to come to your group to explain the wines.
I think the winery would be wise to build(?), add(?) some private rooms especially, for returning members who have reserved a tasting for the group. The best wine is Politics and Religion.
Worth a stop, but NOT on a Saturday afternoon.

1  Thank lynneDallas_Texas
"different wines"
"amazing wine"
"wine trail"

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Third time to visit Hilmy and they did not disappoint! The wines were great and service amazing. Can’t wait to go back.

1  Thank Narcisa D
Reviewed 19 March 2018

My girlfriend and I are both red wine fans so keep that in mind - we aren't "sweet wine" drinkers at all. We are members of their wine club.

This place is our favorite winery for many reasons. First of course is the product. We love their reds - Politics & Religion is brilliant, as is as JuJu. Even their whites are excellent (because they are dry). We've bought many bottles of both, and will continue to do so. When we visit (which seems to be about 2-3 times a month) its really a hard choice to decide which one we want!

The people at Hilmy are amazing. You want to learn about wines (which I do, I'm relatively late to the party) then talk to Scott, the Op Mgr. He's so friendly and so knowledgable, he is one the main reasons we keep coming back. Amy is really nice greeting us, it really is like a family.

When they have food then you will be REALLY glad you stopped in. Steve is a great chef and his stuff is always top notch.

Location couldn't be easier, right off of 290.

Stop in, savor the wine, and give the dogs a hug.

1  Thank 330cic
Reviewed 16 March 2018

Our server was attentive, knowledgeable and helpful. So helpful in fact that I joined the club and received a nice discount on the wine I purchased. I enjoyed all the wines. I knew I wanted to do a tasting here because I'd already enjoyed a bottle of Chenin Blanc at a restaurant in Houston so I was thrilled to see the other wines were just as delicious. I highly recommend visiting. Very comfortable, neat, spacious, clean looking tasting room. A real treat!

1  Thank vveltman
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 January 2018

Greeted warmly and hosted extravagantly by Scott, the operations manager. He thrilled and educated us with history and fun facts of the local region, grape varietals and their nuances, how certain food likes and dislikes translates to different wine palates, etc...

You must be a dry wine lover, but if you are, JACKPOT! Our group of 3 took home a number of bottles, though the crowd favorite was their "Politics and Religion." I'm guessing, by the name, that you either love it or hate it, but it was a top pick of the entire group.

It was without a doubt busy, but we were still so well-atteneded that I have no idea how this place could ever get anything less than a 5 star review. We just visited 5 well known, high-end wineries in Napa 6 months ago, and Hilmy not only lacked the "stuffiness" you find at some wineries while still maintaining the same caliber of polish, but was had an overall experience value that beat out most of them.

All 3 of us agreed: One of the best winery experiences we'd each ever had!

2  Thank Shannon M