“Unfriendly Atmosphere”

Grape Creek Vineyards Fredericksburg
Ranked #10 of 105 things to do in Fredericksburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Grape Creek Vineyards is a wine club winery. We are designed for the enjoyment of our club members. Of course, we welcome new guests to taste and tour and decide if they want to join as well. We also believe wine is a pleasure, and not a party. Our guests and our wine club members like this approach, and we appreciate their positive reviews! Trip Advisor users may notice most of our negative reviews are either because we cater to club members, or because we endeavor to create a wine experience not a party place. While this may impose certain limits on larger groups and winery access, we want to stress that our focus is on wine appreciation. We hope yours is too!
Dallas, Texas, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Unfriendly Atmosphere”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

The staff were rude, unfriendly and unhelpful. The pricing of wines are expensive - thats if you get helped.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Angela V

Houston, Texas
“Best wine in town!”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I love Grape Creek wine. Cabernet Trois is my favorite. I hightly recommend all their wines. And the winery is beautiful. Nice place to sit on the patio, listen to music and of course drink wine!

San Antonio, TX
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best winery”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This was my favorite winery of the whole trip. I highly recommend doing the tour and tasting. Great wine and beautiful, tuscan atmosphere.

Visited April 2012
austin texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“One of the best vineyards in the hill country”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I really enjoy this vineyard. The black label red wines are excellent, although priced a bit high. The patio is a great place to enjoy a glass of wine and there is often live music. This is one of my favorite hill country vineyards.

Dallas, Texas
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Outstanding wine and staff”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

My wife and I visited Grape Creek with another couple, and had a very enjoyable experience. The wine was excellent, and our server Kaye, was outstanding. She was very knowledgeable and helpful in serving a good selection of wines. We became wine club members on the spot, only after askng about the details. Kaye did not push the club. We throughly enjoyed our Grape Creek experience, and Kaye was a big reason we loved it.

Grape Creek is a beautiful setting. We attended the wine club party for the release of the 2010 Ballisimo wine. Great wine served under the huge shade trees, with a singer playing the guitar. It was great!

The only negative for Grape Creek is the checkout process. They do not enough people helping with the paying process.