“Great hotel in West Fort Worth”

Courtyard Fort Worth I-30 West Near NAS JRB
Ranked #70 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great hotel in West Fort Worth”
Reviewed 23 August 2010

What a friendly staff. Everyone called me by name and engaged conversation with me. Breakfast was awesome. Housekeeping was fabulous.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Natalia, Texas
Reviewed 23 January 2010

We were staying at the Courtyard during the Ft Worth stock show and rodeo. We arrived 1-17-10 and went on to the stock show to unload and set up. We returned to the hotel about 3:15 am. At 8:30 the next morning we went out to our truck only to find it broke into. The drivers side back window was smashed. The truck was only about 10 parking spaces from the front door of the hotel. We made a police report and also advised the managers, Patreace and Laquintha. They advised of the sign posted at the front door stating they are not responsible for break in. Ok, we saw that. We were told that the incident must have happened after the "security officer" had left at 6am. We had never seen security on premise when we returned that night of the break in. I questioned management on the name of the security officer and the company that he worked for. I was told that he was a Marriott employee and not hired through a security company. On Thursday evening we arrived at the hotel with one of our employees. It was 11:45pm. We walked to the front door and decided to go have dinner. At that time we did not see "security" in the hotel or in the parking lot. We all returned to the hotel at 1:15am. We walked in the front door and there was no front desk clerk. There was a man in a t-shirt and jeans sitting in the lobby watching TV. From the lobby there is no clear view of the parking lot or the front door when your back is turned to it. I questioned this man if he know who was working security and he stated he was. This upset my husband to see no front desk clerk and the "security" guy sitting in the lobby watching tv with no clue as to what was going on outside. My husband went to find the front desk clerk who was in the office. When questioned why his "security" guy was watching tv instead of patrolling the parking lot, the only answer the desk clerk/manager could say was "i don't know why." When the "security" guy heard us question the manager, he came up to the desk and started raising his voice to my husband and I. His temper and demeanor became more threatening and we asked for the police to be called to handle the situation. The manager/clerk had no control over the situation or his employee. We again reported the incident to the day manager when we checked out. I also reported both incidents to the Marriott Corporate offices, with no response. I realize that the hotel is not responsible for the break ins, but to see the "security" guy sitting in the lobby watching tv instead of doing his job, is infuriating!!! This is the 2nd time in 3 years that our vehicle has broken into at this location. We have also advised the Ft Worth Stock Show and Rodeo committee to warn other staff/contestants of this location. I also feel that i should not feel threatened by Marroitt employee who is supposed to make my stay more secure.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
6 Thank Dawn8965
Fort Worth,Texas
Reviewed 19 January 2010

Very Nice Hotel, close to downtown fort worth. Front Desk Staff were friendly, room was clean and very comfortable. Location is a bit weird, there is only 1 entrance and its hard to spot the first time you go by it. If you miss it you have to go all the way around and try again.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Austin, TX
Reviewed 11 November 2008

I've stayed at this hotel at multiple times and thought it deserved a new review.

First of all, this hotel is right off the highway and there's only one entrance to get in. So, if you miss it on the frontage road, you'll need to go back around.

The lobby includes the front desk, a small bar and the breakfast area. It's very nice and clean and there's also a nice business center/desk area.

The rooms are clean and the furniture is nice. My last room was on the 2nd floor on the side closes to the parking garage. At first I thought this might be a problem, but it turned out to be one of the quietest rooms I've stayed in. I actually slept in to almost 10!

There are a ton of places to eat nearby and downtown is less than 10 minutes away. If you need to be in the Fort Worth area, you can't go wrong with this one.

• Stayed October 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank KKAustin
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 June 2006

When we pulled up to the hotel, we were slightly concerned because it didn't look so inviting, but, once inside, we changed our minds. This is a basic hotel with modern enough furniture and a fairly small lobby.

They serve breakfast for $8.95, however, no dinner is available on Sundays. We didn't try the food, since, it was not open when we arrived. The room is basic and didn't look "worn" since the hotel is fairly new. Our couch however, was not inviting, because it was "lumpy" and looked a bit overused or something.

The beds come with multiple pillows, more than most, however, they are very soft and not quite firm enough. We thought the mattresses were a bit uncomfortable and soft also. We didn't have a fantastic view or anything extravagant, just a good, basic hotel room.

This is good if, you get a bargain and don't mind driving a bit of distance, since it is not located near downtown. We found traffic to be a bit hectic heading back into town on a weekday a.m. Overall, an average experience.

Stayed June 2006
6.4 km away
Courtyard Fort Worth University Drive
1.8 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites Fort Worth West
Comfort Inn & Suites Fort Worth ...
#1 of 3 in White Settlement
1.2 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Worth West - I-30

Been to Courtyard Fort Worth I-30 West Near NAS JRB? Share your experiences!