All reviewsold westbonnie and clydewooden shuttersstep back in timecelebrity suiteruebenunique hotelbullet holesprovide ear plugswater closetwestern experiencewhite elephantauthentic texascattle drivelots of historybilly bob'swestern feel
Reviewed 12 May 2018

We pulled up to the hotel and before I could step out of my car a valet was helping me out and asking to get the luggage. The front desk quickly checked us in and we were off to our room. The room was a single king room. Since the hotel is situated in a block of antique business buildings the window opened into an interior atrium facing multiple stories,of brick wall with windows just like ours. It was strange until I remembered that the hotel was built in 1907 and without airconditioning this was the only way to get any air circulationto the rooms.
The rooms are finished in rustic cabin type furnishings. King bed was VERY comfortable. The massive Armoire was where the TV resided. On either side,were ample closets with siutecase stands inside. The bathroom was tiny as was the style for this era. Nice deep sink with ample counter space sets outside the toilet/bathrub enclosure. Electrified Antique oil lamps hung from swag hookss act as bedside lamps leaving the bedside tables clear. The rooms are clean and smell fresh.
The staff here is great. I had left some things in my car so on our way out for the evening I stopped at the front desk and asked where the car was. They said not to worry, they would take care of it. When we returned to our room at 3:am the items were laying on the entry table waiting. When I tried to tip the desk clerk the next morning he politely declined saying that wasn’t necessary as it was part of the service. The same thing happened when I tried to tip the valet bringing my car when it was time to leave.

Room Tip: I’m not sure there are any bad/noisy rooms. The whole hotel is just quiet, and we were there on a hight traffic weekend.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2018

My wife and I stayed here for three nights. Valet parking was a real plus and the attendants were very good. Our room overlooked Exchange Avenue and provided a great view of all activities, plus the room furnishings and lobby were vintage-like and made us feel like we were definitely 'back in time'. The hotel staff was extremely friendly, courteous and accommodating. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rich H
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

We decided to getaway for the weekend and went to the stockyards and walked in and found this gem.
You definitely need to stay in this historic building and experience all the excitement of the stockyards.
Great food, drinks and atmosphere.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2018

Stayed for one night with my daughter while touring Texas. Have always wanted to stay here and it did not disappoint. Love the history, decor and location! While some hotels look the same no matter where you are there is no question you are in Texas when staying at the Stockyards hotel. Staff very friendly! Room lovely & clean. The A/C was a bit noisy, but overall a great stay.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2018

Should stay here for one night while in the stockyards. Convenient to everything and lots of history in this hotel. H3 Ranch is attached and is a great steakhouse. Rooms are small but more than adequate. Love the toilet!!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple