“Great!”

The Pelican House Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 80 Restaurants in Duncanville
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

A great place to enjoy authentic New Orleans food. The atmosphere was amazing. The service was great.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Catfish is TO. DIE. FOR! Perfect, Fluffy, and FlavorFUL. Drinks are perfectly mixed and yummy. Will definitely be coming back SOON! Perfect way to celebrate our anniversary.

Reviewed 24 September 2016

The service here was so warm and friendly, and we thoroughly enjoyed the food. It's a treat to eat at a family-run establishment that has something special to offer. We had the toss salad with blackened fish, and the crab cakes: both were delicious.

Reviewed 25 June 2016

We took a good friend out to eat at what was advertised as a great Creole restaurant.

The service was good but they were training a new server so she was a little overboard. Most likely wanting to impress the manager.

We have spent many days in New Orleans and the Pelican touted itself as an authentic creole restaurant. Far from the truth. We stated with Seafood Gumbo and it was acceptable but by far subgrade.

My wife had the Shrimp Creole which for the price was more a senior portion and the sauce was watery and watery tasting. I had the Crab Cakes and honestly I've had better from the grocery store. Our friend had the Bourbon Shrimp and it was flavorless. Would expect a touch of Bourbon flavor but not at all. She said the rice was acceptable.

So as not to make the entire meal a total flop we had dessert which took an extremely long time to be served. My wife and friend had bread pudding and I had the cheese cake. My advise is don't do it....not worth it at all.

Overall we spent right at $100 and my opinion is the meal start to finish was subgrade and not worthy of being called a Creole restaurant.

My advice is to avoid this restaurant.

Reviewed 25 March 2016

I wanted to try this restaurant because I love Cajun food. When I arrived to pick up my order I decided to order a cup of gumbo too. When I opened the food I was disappointed by how it appeared. The gumbo looked watery and even worse there was only one shrimp in the cup. The blackened catfish was dry and tough my bf through his away. My mardi gras trio was a disappointment two very small pieces of cold fried catfish. my cup of jumbalaya had only two little pieces of sausage in it. I also noticed when I paid for my food my total was a little over 37.00 I gave the waiter 40.00 and he never gave me any change. I no the change wouldn't of been much but still who just keeps someones change without at least offering it to them. I wouldn't tell anyone to go to this restaurant it's a complete waste of money.

2  Thank ashleylscott7