First, the good points:
1) Check in was fast, friendly, professional.
2) Room was clean. Bed was comfy, lots of pillows. Decent (if a bit small) for price.
3) Good downtown Dallas location. Easy walking distance to several decent bars & restaurants (Sonny Bryans Smokehouse, TGI Fridays, Hofbrau Steaks, YO Ranch Steakhouse, etc).
4) Friendly, helpful hotel staff.
5) Good water pressure, nice shower.
6) In-room fridge that was ice cold at check-in!
7) Attentive housekeeping in-room.
8) Very close to DART & bus stops. Some people like this. Some probably find this disconcerting (due to the large amount of people waiting, some panhandling). We were out walking around both nights: no problems. We noticed a large police presence at night.
9) Key for elevator is a nice security touch.
10) Close to historic West End tourist attractions http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_End_Historic_District_(Dallas,_Texas)
1) Loud AC system. The system clonked loudly each time it cycled on and off, and vibrated oddly.
Extremely HOT in the hallway (almost sauna like).
2) Very small bathroom. The vanity/sink area was so small I had to put a towel on the floor and use the toilet seat due to lack of vanity space.
3) Some problems with housekeeping OUTSIDE the room (food trays left in the hall more than one day).
4) Problems with parking gate cards not working. Attendant was less than helpful.
5) Breakfast was $15.00 for a Belgian waffle & coffee. This did not taste like a fresh waffle; it looked, felt and tasted frozen and it came with one sad sliced Strawberry. Pretty sad even for a Crowne Plaza.
Starbucks is across the street, in the Bank of America building, down the escalator, behind the CVS if you want REAL coffee.
YO Ranch Steakhouse (2 blocks down and 2 blocks over) is GREAT! Had a wonderful meal here: a mixed grill of venison, quail and buffalo -- wow! Fabulous! Great wine... superior service. Treat yourself to a wonderful meal at YO Ranch Steakhouse.
Decent hotel for the price. The bed was comfy, plenty of pillows, good shower. Would have to think twice about staying here again unless I specifically needed to be in this area.
Be warned: It is VERY loud at night, lots of car & truck noise, DART, buses & sirens. We were on 15th floor and it was still VERY loud.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the heart of downtown, the Crowne Plaza® Hotel Dallas - Downtown provides travelers a home base with a short walk to the Dallas Convention Center and just six miles from Love Field Airport. Contemporary decor, elegant furnishings and signature Crowne Plaza® amenities provide a haven for business and leisure guests alike.Corporate and professional travelers enjoy easy access to the West End, Bank of America Plaza, Uptown McKinney Avenue, Renaissance Tower and Earl Cabell Federal Building. 30,000 sq. ft. of meeting space for up to 600, and perks such as a Crowne Meetings Director, a two-hour RFP response and a Daily Meeting Debrief. Our facility is certainly "The Place to Meet" among hotels in downtown Dallas, Texas and a great place to host a wedding, banquet or reception.Leisure guests also appreciate our hotel's convenient downtown locale. Dallas attractions, such as the West End district, American Airlines Center and the House of Blues, are less than a mile away, so you can easily walk to some of the major Dallas destinations.The Crowne Plaza® hotel Dallas - Downtown meets the needs of our guests with quality amenities, including 24-hour Fitness and Business Centers, an outdoor pool and our THRIVE Restaurant & Nightclub. Take advantage of the complimentary shuttle and sleep well with Crowne Plaza Sleep Advantage® amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, IHG, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dallas West End Hotel
- West End Hotel Dallas
- West End Dallas