“Once again- we love Indigo!”

Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown
Ranked #41 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Once again- we love Indigo!”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Beds are sooooo comfortable. Room service was excellent. Every employee- from the shuttle driver to the front desk to housekeeping to room service were so nice and so helpful. Shuttle is an awesome bonus. Anywhere within a 3 mile radius. We walked to a ton of places just down the street and had a great time. Will continue to recommend to all my friends.

• Stayed February 2012
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 18 February 2012
Thanks for comment LaSooner. The shuttle bus we operate gives great value to our guests. Leave the driving to us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I have to laugh at myself when I say that I could have stayed in bed all day! So heavenly cozy! And lots of pillows! My husband and I stayed at the indigo prior to flying out to Cancun. From the moment we walked in the door we were greeted by beautifully colored walls and decor. The yellow put me in a great mood. Staff is polite and valet had our car ready quickly. I agree with most reviews on here on the dynamics of this historical hotel. Our room was clean cozy and warm. I loved the yellow bedroom decor in room 513. I was thrilled to find out that we were close and to the JFK memorial and museum. We spent time there. Sometimes I believe people need to come back to the beauty of history and relax...Indigo is that place. Thanks to all the kind staff for making our first visit one to remember! I definitely will go back.

• Stayed February 2012
Thank you DLLH for kind comments.
Reviewed 10 February 2012

The Indigo is a very nice hotel and within walking distance of a lot of restaurants. It is also one the best smelling hotels I have been to. The staff was very helpful and the rooms were clean.

My only complaint was the level of noise in the hotel. The staff does not turn off the elevator chime at night and you can hear it going off all hours of the night. Also, the peopledown the hall were having a party and were out in the hall being loud well past 12:00am.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank njtraveler811
Thanks for comments njtraveler811. I will check with the elevator company and see if we can turn down the ding on the elevators. If anyone is hearing a party or noise disturbance going on, please contact the desk and we will address it. We hope for your return.
TX
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I just spent 5 nights at this Indigo location. This is my third visit to this hotel and I have no complaints. It is conveniently located to Downtown and restaurants, it is clean, and the beds are comfortable. I couldn't really ask for much more, but the staff is the bonus here. Everyone was exceptionally nice and helpful. I would like to extend my gratitude to the shuttle staff who drove me to and from my seminar each day. I actually looked forward to seeing Franklin's smiling face each morning, he got my day going on such a positive note. Thank you everyone for making my weeklong stay so great!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Franklin has been here for some time and is a leader in setting the example for guest service. We are fortunate to have him. I look forward to see him coming into work each day. We look forward to your return.
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I stayed here during a business trip that was booked through a travel agent. I typically like newer properties and this was not one of them. According to a plaque in the lobby, this was the first hotel built by Conrad Hilton in...let's just say a long time ago. The staff is very friendly and helpful. My room (#1013) was right across from the elevator which worried me some as I didn't want to hear the noise all night long. Upon entering the room, I found that it was a suite. The living room area was actually quite large with a sofa and a love seat. A desk was against the far wall. Behind the door was a microwave and a sall refrigerator. The room was capped off with a flat screen TV and a wall of windows. There is nothing to the view from this room as you look out at other rooms. The entire unit has hardwood floors which was actually a nice touch. The bedroom is spacious with another flat screen TV. The clothes closet is in the bathroom along with an ironing board and several wood hangers. The shower and toilet is in a separate room. The shower has a removable handheld head. The shampoo, conditioner, and lotion are all Aveda. The bed is amazingly comfortable along with the bevy of great pillows. There were many mornings that I just wanted to stay in the bed. So much for the good, here's a few negatives. The noise from the elevator and noise in the hallway is very loud if you are in the living room. If you are in the bedroom with the door closed, the noise isn't noticeable. The A/C is digitally controlled by the panel in the bedroom. However, it is a little loud when it kicks on. It is also mounted in the roof above the shower. The shower had a strong sour smell the first three days I was there and the shower floor had a slimy feel every day. I can only hope that it was drainage from the A/C unit which had an open pipe right above the shower. You can tell that the building is old. All you have to do is look at the trim which is beat up and has been horribly painted over.

The lobby is a comfortable place to relax. The Phi restaurant is also in the lobby along with a bar. However, the drink prices are very steep with a bottle of beer running $7 which is almost as much as an entree. The hotel is within walking distance of several restaurants on Main and Elm Streets. Many residents in the area take their dogs to the dog park which is directly across the street. The shuttle will take guests anywhere within a 3-mile radius which includes a Walmart and a Target store. The bellmen were great as was the shuttle driver. The bellmen typically have the shuttle and transportation services on speed dial to get them there quicker.

I would stay here again if I was doing business in downtown Dallas.

Room Tip: high floor away from the elevator