“Love this restaurant”

Toulouse Cafe and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Toulouse Cafe and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 3,952 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Oak Lawn
Reviewed 22 March 2017

We eat here for brunch every time we are in Dallas. Superb eggs Benedict, which I always have. This place is very busy on Sunday noon, so come around 10:00.

Has outside seating as well and some people bring their dogs. If the weather is especially nice seating fills up by 10:00 a..m.

Service is excellent and matre 'd is very helpful and accommodating. Not sure if they take reservations.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Located in a very trendy area of Dallas, Toulouse was a nice choice for a date night dinner. Valet parking is located across the street and we arrived early to avoid the main dinner crowd. We were seated on the little covered patio and it was very nice - though very dark when the sun set. Our waiter was very personable and was quite lively and funny. We started with a Chanel No. 6 champagne cocktail and a mint gimlet and both were quite nice. The cheese board was a hit! It had grilled French baguette slices, 4 kinds of cheeses, fruit, prunes, walnuts and honeycomb. The artisan cheeses were all exceptional and the portions were perfect. We followed up with French onion soup and it was hot, cheesy and delicious. Loved it! For entrees, we ordered the braised short ribs with noodles and an Alaskan halibut special with beet risotto and brussels sprouts. Both were nice portions and were well-seasoned and cooked to perfection. We finished the meal with souffles. They were both very airy and light but were a little too "light" on flavor. The chocolate had a faint milk chocolate taste and and the Grand Marnier had more of a slight tangerine taste. Overall, the night was most enjoyable. My only complaint was that when we ordered a second round of drinks - both came in totally different glasses with different fruit additions and completely different tastes. I am not sure what happened there - if bartenders switched or our orders got messed up. Who knows?

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Very stylish hi end place to dine here.The doughnuts with the sweet coffee dip is soon soft,tasty and really melts in your mouth.service is great.fantastic experience.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

I had an excellent meal at Toulouse one evening while on business for a week in Dallas. The service was A+. There seems to be a lot of staff in that restaurant and my waiter Francisco was attentive and very efficient. The ambiance was very pleasant, the décor reminded me of my student days in France from the chairs, to the tiles on the floor, and up to the textured ceiling. There was nice music and it was not too loud like in so many other places. The food was simply excellent! For starter, I had the delicious "Toulouse Salad" and my main dish combined the savoir-faire of French cuisine with a local Texas specialty:steak!... juicy and succulent! I thought prices were reasonable for the quality. I hope to go back and I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 17 February 2017

For a after-Valentine's Dinner, we (2 ppl) enjoyed:
Escargot @ $13
Oysters Rockefeller @ $15
Soupe a L'Oignon @ 10
Scallops @ $29
Duck 2-ways @ $29
Beignets & Coffee @ $9 (5 beignets but not sure of the coffee part as was charged extra for Expresso & Cafe au lait.
Double Expresso @ $4.25 (Extra Charge?)
Cafe au Lait @ $4.50.
The roasted Duck portion was excellent. The seared duck seemed under cooked and was hardly edible. Other than that, the meal was excellent.
Total price @as $143.15 with tip. Not sure if the price was entirely worth it.