“Good food, attentive service, and lovely guitar music”

Pera Wine & Tapas Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Pera Wine & Tapas Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #400 of 4,203 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 26 May 2018

My wife and I went to Pera on a Friday night. The place was pretty empty, but there was a guitarist playing softly most of the night and doing a good job. At first I was put off by the wine menu. It wasn't anywhere as big as I thought for a place with "wine" in its title. Further, about 75% of the listings did now show a vintage, bad sign for anyone who knows their wine. There was only one Rioja, and it was just a tempranillo. But, after looking around I found a lovely 2012 Bordeaux Gran Cru for $79, so I was happy about the wine after all. We did tapas, which were all good to really good. The service was perfect, not overbearing but always there when we needed her. My wife and I typically take a long time to eat, enjoying the meal. We noted that almost every table that was occupied when we arrived was still occupied when we left. A good sign that others were enjoying the ambiance as well.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 9 May 2018

My husband and I went to this unassuming restaurant for tapas. We loved the stuffed dates. The arancini was the best we have had. The sauce with the garlic grilled shrimp was wonderful. I dunked lots of fresh baked bread in it. Then to end things, we had apple baklava. It was delicious, not as sweet as the usual baklava. The plating was beautiful.
The music being played put us back in the Mediterranean.
The fabulous service reminded us both of the service at the Kobenzl in Austria. The waiter was so attentive.
On top of all of that, this Turkish family treated us like family. That really made the evening even better. The lady owner and I even hugged when we left. They have live music on Friday night, but we had to return to Austin.
We would definitely go again.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 12 March 2018

We wanted to try a tapas bar and selected Pera based on the reviews and location. This place is casual and located in a stand alone building in a strip center. It was a nice night so we opted to eat outdoors on the patio, which was enjoyable. The service was very attentive as we tried several items over an hour or so. The food was great, but sometimes we were surprised when the item was presented at the table. We enjoyed our evening and food, but based on location I probably will not return (I live on the other side of town).

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Interesting menu, well-prepared tapas. Not your everyday items, with Mediterranean spices evident. Only negative: once we were served we were largely ignored.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 19 January 2018

Chose Pera Wine & Tapas for a quite evening since we were in the neighborhood. The restaurant impressed us in more ways than one.

Drinks : It's ladies night on Thursdays and my sister was offered a free glass of champagne. They have a nice selection of wine and I chose the Lebanese red blend which turned out to be really good.

Small plates : We tried 4 different small plates and all of them were unique and tasty. My personal favorite was the Pachanga Borek. Try the Sujuk Lollipop, Ezme and Shisheto Peppers as well.

Service : Was simply great! The staff was very friendly and made good suggestions. Not too intrusive yet very attentive. Was a wonderful touch when they brought us a dessert after we paid our check. It's such small things that go a long way in making the experience from 'good to great'!

Ambience : A nice and classy place for a date or hanging out with friends. Parking is not a problem. They have a live band on Fridays and Saturdays.

Pricing : Moderate.

Will I return? : Absolutely! And will recommend this restaurant to my friends.

Date of visit: January 2018