“Good service, better food, atmosphere?”
Review of Old Warsaw Restaurant - MOVED

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Oak Lawn
Cross street: Cedars Springs
Reviewed 11 June 2017

My spouse and I dined there last winter. The bar service was excellent. The food was good to better , but the experience was dulled by the sewer aroma near the front door. It disappeared ( thankfully) as we progressed through the building to our table. I'm not sure who was responsible. It could have been a city issue , since it was more noticeable from the street. The wine selection was more than sufficient. The menu was diverse , but was skewed toward heavier continental type selections. Not a surprise as that is why we selected the place.

Reviewed 10 November 2016

My husband and I arrived at the restaurant for an early dinner prior to a show. There was only on other couple there, yet we we seated awkwardly close to the other couple. In a full restaurant this wouldn't have been noticeable, but with just the two parties we couldn't help hearing each others conversations. About 15 minutes later another couple came in and they were seated just to our other side. Again, in a busy restaurant this would have been unnoticeable, but as this room was still otherwise empty and as the tables were very close to one another it was uncomfortable to say the least.
For all it being so empty at the time, it took a noticeably long time for any wait staff to come to the table even though there were many of them standing about.
The best thing I can say about the experience was that the cocktails were spot on. The bartender, who by the way was our waiter, really knew his stuff.
The meal was okay. Nothing to complain about, just nothing of any note.
The atmosphere could just be the kind of low candlelight, soft music kind of thing you are looking for. I found it a little too stodgy.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Having been told by many friends how you Don't want to go there; we read the menu on line, and four of us decided to try it anyway. What a nice surprise, may be old fashioned to some, to the four of us, we loved the decor, the graciousness from the staff, and especially the food!
We tried various menu items, from appetizers to desserts, spending about three hours in total having a great time. The restaurant has moved from its previous location, just two doors away. They have truly tried to recreate the old restaurant in the decor.
Everything we ate was good, but we mostly remember the relaxing time spent here.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

We were directed to this by the concierge at the hilton where we were staying. She did not steer us wrong! She made the reservation for us and when she asked the restaurant how long a cab ride they offered to pick us up! The driver was right on time for the pick up and the ride was about 7 minutes thru traffic. The driver wouldnt take a tip from us as it turned out he was the owner! the decor was very nice, it appeared that there were 3 dining rooms. All had fireplaces. there was also a baby grand and a piano player. He was very good. it was not a busy night (Wednesday at 6:45 pm) They had a regular menu and 2 prix fix menus with good choices, one was $50 and the other was $75.. I ordered from the $50 menu, i had french onion soup. This was only ok. I prefer my broth darker and richer and i like a lot of melted cheese. I had the filet which was cooked perfectly as ordered and it was tender and tasty, i also had a baked potato, they bring the toppings to the table for you and add them for you (bacon, cheese, chives, sour cream) my dinner included desert and i chose chocolate souffle. It was wonderful. My table mates ordered from the regular menu and had options such as cesear salad with chicken, sides of brussell sprouts and asparagus. Also they order the smallest delmonico and NY strip on the menu. Both were very generous portions and they really liked them. service was very good. I would recommend this steak house if you are in dallas

Reviewed 20 June 2016

The Old Warsaw is open literally two doors down at 2512 Maple Avenue. It has the same great food, and the atmosphere is amazing. I do miss the original Old Warsaw; however, the owners did a fantastic job recreating the ambiance.