“wonderful surprise”

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Oak Lawn
Cross street: Cedars Springs
Reviewed 13 July 2016

Having been told by many friends how you Don't want to go there; we read the menu on line, and four of us decided to try it anyway. What a nice surprise, may be old fashioned to some, to the four of us, we loved the decor, the graciousness from the staff, and especially the food!
We tried various menu items, from appetizers to desserts, spending about three hours in total having a great time. The restaurant has moved from its previous location, just two doors away. They have truly tried to recreate the old restaurant in the decor.
Everything we ate was good, but we mostly remember the relaxing time spent here.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

We were directed to this by the concierge at the hilton where we were staying. She did not steer us wrong! She made the reservation for us and when she asked the restaurant how long a cab ride they offered to pick us up! The driver was right on time for the pick up and the ride was about 7 minutes thru traffic. The driver wouldnt take a tip from us as it turned out he was the owner! the decor was very nice, it appeared that there were 3 dining rooms. All had fireplaces. there was also a baby grand and a piano player. He was very good. it was not a busy night (Wednesday at 6:45 pm) They had a regular menu and 2 prix fix menus with good choices, one was $50 and the other was $75.. I ordered from the $50 menu, i had french onion soup. This was only ok. I prefer my broth darker and richer and i like a lot of melted cheese. I had the filet which was cooked perfectly as ordered and it was tender and tasty, i also had a baked potato, they bring the toppings to the table for you and add them for you (bacon, cheese, chives, sour cream) my dinner included desert and i chose chocolate souffle. It was wonderful. My table mates ordered from the regular menu and had options such as cesear salad with chicken, sides of brussell sprouts and asparagus. Also they order the smallest delmonico and NY strip on the menu. Both were very generous portions and they really liked them. service was very good. I would recommend this steak house if you are in dallas

Reviewed 20 June 2016

The Old Warsaw is open literally two doors down at 2512 Maple Avenue. It has the same great food, and the atmosphere is amazing. I do miss the original Old Warsaw; however, the owners did a fantastic job recreating the ambiance.

Reviewed 31 May 2016

Celebration of our 49th wedding anniversary. First time in the new location, having dined at the old location several years ago. Everything was perfect beginning with being picked up at our hotel (Renaissance) by a driver from the restaurant. We discovered on the return trip that our "driver" was actually the restaurant owner. That bit of information put an exclamation mark on the evening. The flowers I had ordered were awaiting our arrival at our table just as I had hoped. The new location still has the same formal feeling without the darkness and stodginess we somewhat felt at the old location. It's a beautiful, intimate, and welcoming space. The food was excellent, eclipsed only by the personable and efficient service. The baked goat cheese was other worldly and the smoked salmon and red snapper superb. The meal was capped off by a slice of delicious, complimentary "anniversary" cake delivered to my wife. Although the piano music was at times a little frantic, overall it had the feel of being in a movie scene. A lot of older popular music, much of which were themes from movies, that generally played softly in the background so that you knew it was there but it was unobtrusive. The cost of the evening was significant, but by today's standards, for a special occasion and for the value received both in food and treatment, it was well worth it. We'll be back.

1  Thank tomtyner
Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

Thought my husband & I were out for a nice dinner in Dallas, big mistake! I ordered bottle still water& received small bottle of Kroger water. My salad was the worst I have ever had , was suppose to be butter lettuce , blue cheese, apples & walnuts , it also had rotten tomatoes & cucumber, not a good combination! My lobster Thermidor was ok, my husband sole was ok, the sides were awful. The German chocolate cake was good, the soufflé over cooked & rubbery. I spoke to manager, Al Heidari & he had I don't give a damn attitude. We will ever repeat!

3  Thank iSweat