“May not be the best but have always enjoyed our meals”

Chan Thai Restaurant
Ranked #1,311 of 3,933 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: US$5 - US$11
Cuisines: Thai
Neighbourhood: Wynnewood North
Neighbourhood: Wynnewood North
Reviewed 10 February 2018

We have eater here for many years. Appetizers are always great. We especially like the corn patties. We are also fans of their fried rice, especially the chicken. I have had several other dishes over the years and also enjoyed them, I would recommend that you look at the ingredients carefully and ask questions if you are unsure of the dish or how it is prepared. The service is always friendly, but the service can be EXTREMELY slow, back up seems to come from the kitchen, especially when they are full. Per the other reviews, parking can be a problem. (Bishop Arts crowd, so beware weekend nights, etc.). Their was some mention of problem with the bill and charges, I have eaten here for over twenty years and never had a problem. We are not a Thai food expert, but have always enjoyed our meals

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

To state my credentials: I have visited Thailand more than 15 times over the last 10 years, spent more than 4 months combined in the country and became an amateur Thai cook.

Having visited several Thai restaurants in the US and Dallas area, I would say few are worth a special mention for being good, most are average, a few are bad and then, there is Chan Thai.

Ordered Larb Gai (ground chicken salad) and Gaeng Keow Wan Gai (green curry with chicken).

Larb Gai:

- Fish uses (among other things) ground roasted rice, shallots, ground chicken, mint and fresh chillies
- my dish was done with red onion instead of shallots
- didn’t have roasted ground rice and thus lacked texture
- had diced chicken breast instead of ground chicken, therefore being dry
- mint and fresh chillies were nowhere to be seen
- seasoning was terrible, too much lime, little fish sauce and no sugar

Gaeng Keow Wan:

- they use powder curry instead of fresh paste (understandably so), but only tastes good when used properly
- dish was bitter, when it should be a balanced mix of spicy, sweet and salty (they didn’t use palm sugar and fish sauce to season)
- curry should be creamy driven by the coconut, instead they used little coconut cream and replaced with water

If you appreciate decent Thai food, avoid this place.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

The food is amazing. We had several different types of dishes and appetizers, and they were all spot on.

We came in 7 mins before they closed, and we were greeted with so much kindness. They didn't rush us at all and made us feel so welcome. We ordered our food, and it came literally 3 mins after we ordered. Amazing and kind service!

We are from out of town, and were staying close by and were craving Thai cuisine. This was the best spot. We're so grateful we found it! If we lived here, we would go ALL the time. Can't wait to come again.

Highly recommend!!!

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in for dinner to satisfy a craving for Thai food. Wait staff was attentive and helpful describing dishes... The owner also owns Pho 88 next door. I had a great carnivore Thai fried rice and my wife had a Vietnamese chicken curry dish that smelled so good the table adjacent to us asked what she was having. Waitress was excellent as checking on us after the dishes came out. If the weather is good sit outside! Great experience, will for sure come back!

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

From Reading other reviews I thought that this place would have been a good experience with good quality food at least basic good quality. I didn't realize it but I'm from an area where Asian restaurants are frequent and the food quality is outstanding but this restaurant was rather disappointing to me as it was $11 for a very small lunch portion of beef and noodles. Not very flavorful and very small portion 11 bucks for lunch takeout