“Five stars aren't quite enough -”
Review of The French Room - CLOSED

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown Dallas
Cross street: Akard
Transit: DART and DART Light Rail (Akard Street Station)
Description: Editors at Bon Appetit, Gourmet, Travel & Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler , and Fodor's have consistently included The French Room on their annual lists of superlative restaurants. The Zagat Survey of America's Top Restaurants ranks the dining room No. 1 for food, decor, and service, and it's only one of nine restaurants in the United States to have achieved a near-perfect food score. Texas Monthly and D Magazine list The French Room among the best restaurants in Dallas. It is now the only dining room in Texas to hold the AAA Five Diamond Award.
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I didn't check, but I think if you look up "perfection" in the dictionary the French Room will be listed. My husband and I had talked about going here forever and thankfully we stopped waiting for the 'right occasion.' After a superb evening there, I can only lament those many years wasted. We booked in seconds on Open Table opting for a Friday evening. We were relieved of our vehicle by a friendly valet within 60 seconds of pulling to the front of the Adolphus even though it was extremely busy. At the door to the restaurant they greeted us as though we were old and valued customers, and that feeling of being a VIP became a constant of the evening. When our waiter, Carlos, discerned that I had forgotten my reading glasses, he produced a platter of glasses in various strengths nestled on a lace doily. Come on, who does that? So cool. Our dinner was flawless as was the service, the ambiance and every other aspect of this evening. Others on this site have raved about the food and the beauty of the room, believe me it is all justified. If you've been holding out for that special event to try this jewel of Dallas stop it immediately and go. We've been to top restaurants in many cities, but it would be very tough for many of them to meet the level of polished excellence seemingly effortlessly attained by the French Room.

There are newer reviews for The French Room

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Dining at the French Room offers beautiful ambience with blown glass chandeliers, fresh flowers on every table, candlelight, and the beauty of paintings on the ceiling much like those in the Palace de Versailles in France. The food presentation is spectacular, and the quality of each course is beyond expectation. Waiter service is impeccable, nothing is too much trouble, and the wait staff are attentive without being over-zealous. This is the third time I have dined at the French Room and I cannot speak highly enough of it.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

The room is stunning and is worth every penny. The food is amazing and the service is fantastic. I've eaten breakfast and lunch here 4 days in a row. All awesome.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I proposed to my wife at the French Room and we return there every year for our anniversary. They always treat us as if we had just been in last week. Everything about the French Room is superb. The food , the decor the service. It just doesn't get any better than this.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is by far, the fanciest place I have ever eaten. It's like stepping back in time the way the rich used to dine. The service was amazing and the courses were served in perfect time. We went there for my 31st bday and it was very special. Everything we ate was delicious. I would love to go back someday.