“Outstanding ”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Had dinner here last time in Dallas. Food is wonderful and the service prompt but not obtrusive. Atmosphere is upscale but inviting. Would highly recommend it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,057)

Reviewed 16 June 2018

The fish was definitely fresh, large in size, and covered in large shrimp and Maryland crab. The fish, crabmeat and shrimp were all very good. For $38, they better be. ;-) The drink I had off their drink menu was really weak for $10. The rice was mediocre quality.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Went here twice while on Dallas and Richardson. Started with shrimp cocktail and salads. Both we're great. Two ordered the sea bass which they said was too spicey as well as really spicey shrimp. Did not say it would be. I got a ribeye steak which was half fat and grissle and my baked potato was over cooked. Manager comped a dessert which does make up for a $40 steak. The one got shrimp fried which was also a little spicey. Disappointing.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

I was sent to Dallas on business and the only thing my coworkers told me to do was go eat a Pappadeauxs - a statement which was followed by nostalgic gasp pretty much telling me that their food was from the heavens.

While it’s a chain store, theyre a scratch kitchen - and from my experience, those bring out the best flavors. beautiful facade - beautiful outdoor fountain/garden setting. i lived in new orleans in a year, and it was just nice to get close to something southern and creole (although i know it was fabricated and designed for a theme - downside of a chain restaurant).

Food selection was awesome: oysters, gumbo, fried seafood, alligator, etc. But I was there for CRAWFISH.

I ordered the seafood gumbo (other choices are shrimp and andouille sausage). cup is 8 oz. at $8.99. might as well just pay $11.99 and get the bowl at 16 oz. it was chock full of shrimp (see picture), oysters; just the right amount of spice and not too much rice. I was already full at this point. but mot satisfied.

I came for the Crawfish Etouffe (~$25). I mean, just order it! They give you plenty - much more than it actually looks on the plate - so pace yourself. There is SO much crawfish in this thing - you will be completely satisfied, and still have some for leftovers.

My coworkers ordered the lobster mac n’ cheese, the mardi gras pasta, and the one of the fish entrees and everything was just as abundant and just as fantastic tasting. If you dont make room, you’ll miss out on desserts - just a warning.

Main entrees are a bit on the pricey end - but considering that it’s seafood, they’re a scratch kitchen, AND I dont have this kind of food abundantly available to me back home (DC), I was more than happy to give them my money for a bit of nostalgia. Plus, they gave a healthy amount of food for anything you ordered.

We came on a Monday night - it was busy but the capacity is huge. Would definitely come back if Im ever back in the area.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

I came in for a quick lunch. Oysters on the half shell are a quick bite normally but these took well over 20 minutes to prepare. I ordered the fried crab claws and a half dozen Blue Points. I was concerned that I was served gulf oysters because of the size and flavor but was reassured they were Blue Points. The server relayed my concerns and I was given a free gulf oyster for comparison. Either way they were both quite bland. I did enjoy the perfectly crisp bread and the crab claws. They were a hefty portion and I was stuffed midway through the meal. Overall the service was slow but good. It was a very nice gesture to let me try the gulf oyster but I am positive what I was served was not a Blue Point.

Been to Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen? Share your experiences!