“All I can say is WOW...”
Review of Pecan Lodge

Pecan Lodge
Ranked #17 of 3,952 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I know everyone raves about this place. The line it out the door... they run out of stuff it’s so good... blah blah blah. Well, they are all right.

I have visited twice when work has brought me to Dallas. It is by far the best BBQ I have ever had. The brisket is insanely good. The pulled pork is good, but not mind blowing like the brisket.

Also make sure to try a house-smoked sausage. I love the jalapeño, but I’m sure the regular is great as well.

The sides are sides. Nothing special, but you don’t go here for collard greens anyway so who cares.

The best tip is to go alone and head straight to the bar. If one of the 13 seats are open you can skip the line and order/eat at the bar. Saves you 30+ minutes in line. But the bar does fill up fast.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,427)

Reviewed 19 June 2018

If you are near you should go. They are open only a short amount of time so go early. The line was long but moved fairly quickly. Ribs were great, fried chicken was awesome and the brisket was marvelous. I wasn’t a fan of the Mac n cheese but that was just me. Others with me liked it. So go and have your experience!

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

There was 5 of us coming back from Waco to catch our flight out of Dallas back home to California. We really wanted some bbq before we left. We found the Pecan Lodge. It was delicious. I ordered the burnt ends with fried okra and collard greens. Oh my the greens were so good, a little sweet in a good way. We all share the sweet potato (hot mess) it was good but probably would not order it again. The others had a brisket sandwich sliced and it had a lot of meat. Everyone was very happy with their meal and our tummies were very satisfied for our flight home.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

I've been a Pecan Lodge fan since they opened the new place based upon the two times I dined there and feedback from other trustworthy BBQ fans.
But yesterday, I don't know WTH happened.
The only highlights of the visit was no wait because I sat at the bar and the draft beer was cold and bubbly.
My two meat plate was a disaster (except for the acceptable fried okra).
The pork ribs were filled with copious amounts of fat globs, tasteless except for the grease, the little bit of meat was either burnt on the exterior 1/8" or undercooked thereafter. The brisket was just as bad. No bark, no smoke ring, filled with fat on both the exterior and interior. tasteless. Also, it was a slab about 3x5", not even sliced.
If this is the NEW Pecan Lodge, then I had enough.
If this was an oversight, then they need better quality control in the kitchen.

2  Thank Jerry G
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Wait was long - about 20-30 minutes standing - but worth it by a mile.
Brisket & burnt ends couldnt be better. Mac & cheese side, out of this world.
Pulled pork was ok; my friend let me try sausage -- I'll get that next time.
Don't miss this place!

Been to Pecan Lodge? Share your experiences!