“S'mores and More”

Tillman's Roadhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Tillman's Roadhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #236 of 3,898 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Wynnewood North
Cross street: Bishop Ave
Transit: There is a bus stop 1 block from restaurant front door.
Reviewed 14 November 2017

I've been here twice simply for the S'mores. You get housemaid marshmallows, chocolate bark, and graham crackers along with a cast iron fire pit for roasting the marshmallows . It's a very unique concept and the former Girl and Boy Scouts always end up instructing those of us who are novices. They have a full bar and a private room that you have to see to believe.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

We selected Tilman's Roadhouse because they were participating in the Dallas Restaurant Week and thought we'd give them a try...boy are we glad we did! We had an early reservation (6:00) and there were 6 of us. LUCKILY we were seated in their back "private" room with eventually another larger group. I can't thank the hostess enough for sitting us back there. We are all in our 50's so it was SO nice to be seated in a more quiet area of the restaurant where we could actually hear one another including those across the table from us so THANK YOU!! Second, the food was DELICIOUS! I had the Shiner bock and brisket soup. I'm pretty "mild" when it comes to spicy and this soup was a bit on the spicy side, but it was so tasty, I couldn't stop eating it. Next came their famous chicken fried steak and it was probably the best I'd ever had. The breading was perfect with just the right seasoning. The meat was lean and moist. The meal came with mash potatoes and some of the best green beans any of us had ever had - yum! Finally, I ended my meal with their key lime and cactus pear cheesecake - not too sweet and just the right size to finish a fabulous meal! I also enjoyed a glass of their wine and others enjoyed several of their different cocktails and all of us were pleased. When we left our little "secluded" room in the back, the rest of the restaurant was "hopping" and pretty noisy, so we were SO thankful that we had been seated properly so thank you thank you thank you for a fabulous night out!! We'll be back!!

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

We went here tonight as part of a large group. The service was wonderful. The food was great. From the truffle popcorn to the trio of fries, to the Caesar salad,to the sea bass and then the s'mores - my mouth was have having amazing taste sensations. The chef came out several times to check out what was happening in the room and to make sure we were enjoying every morsel. Presentation was excellent! We loved it.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

I visited Tillman's a few months ago, but it was so noteworthy I wanted to make sure I got a chance to review it. Tillman's is located in Bishop Arts in Dallas. The area is interesting and Tillman's is a gem within it. The menu was really varied and it was hard to decide. We ended up sharing the chicken and waffles and the eggs benny. We chased these brunch entrees with blood orange 'ritas. The food was so good I just didn't want it to end. Both entrees were perfect. Next time I'm back in Dallas, I will definitely return here for brunch.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We took our out of town relatives last Thursday, July 6, 2017 to Tillman's. A few of us ordered fish and a few chose the chicken fried steak. While the wait staff and management were great and the place still has it's charm....the food was very average. Actually the chicken fried steak should have been a lot better. At 8:00 on a Thursday evening there were only three other parties in what used to be one of the hottest spots in Bishop Arts. The chef came out twice to make sure that things were okay. I probably won't choose Tillman's again nor take anyone there for a special evening.