Greer Farm Lakeside Cabins
US$72
CandlewoodSuites
US$57
Quality Inn Mt. Pleasant(Mount Pleasant)
US$51
US$43
QualityInn
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$67/night.

US$90
US$58
Hotels.com
Budget Inn(Mount Pleasant)
US$40
Agoda.com
Motel 6 Mount Pleasant(Mount Pleasant)
US$53
US$118
Hampton.com
US$89
US$53
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

What a lovely farm! The cabins are adorable with nice view of the lake. Chef Eva is delightful. She guided our group of 7 into making a delicious meal. We made our own pasta. Eva is owner, chef, farmer, ....Wonder Woman. We enjoyed relaxing, feeding the calf, petting the animals and more. If we had more time, there is a vineyard near by. Shopped before leaving-homemade jams, honey and meat products from the farm as well as kale.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

I don't really have words to describe this place and it's owners, but I will make a humble attempt.

Sid and Eva Greer are a rare breed of owners who welcome you with open arms but they do not get into your space. Every time we needed them they were there. Our kids just loved both of them and the animals. I was impressed by the amount of work they have put in over the years to make the place what it is.

We stayed in the Little Boy Blue Cabin. I will be the first to say that my expectations were far exceeded by the quaint beauty of the cabin. They are beautiful inside and out and are super clean. Sid and Eva have thought of everything to make the stay comfortable. The bed was really comfortable with good quality bedding. Our kids were cozy on the pull out bed. The bathroom is well appointed. They even placed a heater in there for those cold days. Towels that have been placed there will rival any hotel.

Make sure to buy some sausages, eggs and steaks from them. You will not regret it. Quiet as it is kept, I was glad that my cell signal was weak. This allowed us to disconnect a bit and just enjoy being outdoors.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank VezNkomo
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

We rented a lake front cabin - called The Green Thumb - over the Memorial Day weekend and it was a delightful experience. We stayed three nights, arriving Friday afternoon and were greeted by Sid and Eva, the owners, at their beautiful home. We went to our cabin, a little short walk away, and immediately fell in love with the place. The cabin is adorable, well stocked and furnished, and has a lovely view. We purchased some food at a nearby grocery store the first day, and stocked up on charcoal (a grill is provided for each cabin) so we could grill the meat that Sid and Eva sell. The chicken sausage is absolutely fantastic, and the eggs are fresh from their own chickens. Eva made us fresh bread twice, during our stay, which was delivered warm to our cabin. Some of the activities we did were swimming, canoeing, picking raspberries and blueberries from the farm orchard, collecting eggs in the afternoon, pet the animals, and relaxing on the beautiful porch rocking chairs while reading and drinking coffee in the morning. We utterly needed to get away and could not have found a better spot a couple of hours from the bustle of the city of Dallas. We purchased freshly made jam from Eva to take home with us and we are still savoring them today. Will most definitely go back again!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Fede I
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and I needed a relaxing and refreshing getaway from urban life, and we are so grateful to have found Greer Farm near Dangerfield, Texas. The Little Red Hen cabin was right on the 12-acre lake and offered us lots of shade, a rustic swing, a picnic table and charcoal grill, and lakeside chairs. The cabin was clean and very nice. The bed was great! We fished, read, and relaxed. Vacationers can experience real farm life here - berry picking, lots of animals to help feed in the afternoons, trail hiking, etc. You can also enjoy swimming or boating on the lake. There are only 4 cabins, so you won't have a crowd to worry about. Recommendations: Buy their meat and jams/jellies before you leave. Take in a movie at the old Morris Theater. My husband and I saw a new release, ate a large popcorn, and drank a large drink each...for only $11.00 total! 50's prices! Eat at Outlaw BBQ in town and drive about 20 minutes to David Beard's Catfish. Both delicious!
Sid and Eva, the owners of Greer Farm, are delightful. We will return.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gayebaby
Reviewed 1 July 2016

What a fantastic place to get away for a weekend! First, it's an easy 2-something hour drive from Dallas, mostly on I-30. The property has four cabins, two of which have a lake view. The cabins are far enough from each other to allow for privacy, and each has an outside grill, fire pit and table. I think inside these cabins have a bit of a rustic charm, but they are very clean and functional. There is a bathroom and a kitchenette, queen size bed, desk and a sofa sleeper. Each cabin has an A/C. It is a window unit and it was a bit noisy for me, but I was the only one in my group bothered by it. Each cabin has a very cute porch with two rocking chairs. It was so nice to have a coffee out there in the morning. Bring your own coffee though, if you are a coffee snob. Eva makes awesome bread and jams you can purchase, and you can also buy fresh eggs and meats. As far as activities, there are kayaks and paddle boats at the little lake on the property. They grow blueberries and blackberries which you can pick. There are a few very friendly goats roaming the property, and there are also chickens and other farm animals you can visit. There is a grocery store less than 10 minutes away by car. Overall, this is a great place to go to for a family outing, or just to get away and recharge. There was no cell phone reception on my phone, but there is wi-fi in all cabins, which works for me as I have call over wi-fi function on my cell phone. I highly recommend this place, and the owners are very nice people.

Room Tip: Get a waterfront cabin for the best view from the porch.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family