“Great for food and stretching legs during long-drive breaks”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #13 of 240 Restaurants in Conroe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

The outside patio is usually quiet as everyone is inside in the store, attached to the restaurant, providing entertainment for road-tired travelers. The food is rich like country cooking should be. Make sure to ask about portion sizes as less hungry guests might consider sharing certain meals.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

We live down the street from Cracker Barrel, but we rarely go here because I think the food & service is subpar. One afternoon my son & I decided to get a hot lunch. I ordered the chicken fried steak. What a disappointment. It's a frozen slab of meat with yucky crust. My son got chicken & dumplings. He said his was okay. We both agreed that Luby's cafeteria has way better food and we don't plan to go back to Cracker Barrel. There are much better places to eat in Conroe.

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Always friendly service.
We like to shop after we enjoy a meal there, great that breakfast is served all day but it makes it hard to decide, l0l.
Service is usually fast which is great when You have little ones with you.

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Nice clean place to stop for any meal. They have daily specials and lots if fresh veggies. Breakfast all day and really good coffee!

Reviewed 18 May 2017

If there ever existed a consistent franchise, it is certainly Cracker Barrel. I can find no difference between one in Alabama and this one in Texas. They do a good consistent job. The gift shop at the front of the store is very nice, overpriced, but hey! don't you deserve a little something nice. Breakfast is the best! The service was a little slow, but the food was very tasty here. "Worth the wait" in my opinion. The whole place has a country store charm. If that is a style you like, you can expect to find the atmosphere charming.
Lots of people I know, like this restaurant. It feels crowded, especially the gift shop, but friendly and homey. I bought a lovely knick-nack here, so pretty I bought two and gave one away. You really have to try it to see if it is your style. If you prefer to wear tuxedos or evening gowns, this might not be for you. But in America, it is typical small town, old fashioned atmosphere.