All reviewsbeautiful courtyardcharming hotelfull kitchenrooms faceplain exteriorhotel suitefacing the streetevening snacksliving areasocial hourking bedcontinental breakfastdefinitely stay here againenjoyed our stayfrom texasarmoirecampus
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

LOVE this hotel. We always try to be objective when evaluating our hotel experiences but just never got around to writing about this place. We stay in College Station frequently both with and without our dog. The hotel was doing some restoration during our last stay and since there has been a plethora of new hotels built in this little town over the past couple of years we decided to sample many of them. At the end of the day we just keep returning to Vineyard Court for many reasons. This place is “by far” the best value of any hotel. We prefer the boutique hotel experience and relaxed environment only a block from Texas A&M. The hotel is very clean has a beautiful courtyard, great amenities, comfy bed, full kitchen, a real pet-park and incredible staff. The newer hotels all seem to have cold marble, loud guest, parking issues and unfriendly dog areas. We met friends for dinner at Napa Flats restaurant (another place we recommend) and left our hotel suite and were sitting at our table getting wine in less than five minutes, about 10 minutes if you walk and it takes that long waiting on some of the new hotel elevators. After dinner we finished our bottle of wine just relaxing in the hotel courtyard to great music and this is something we would never consider at most the other local hotels. We normally try and catch the complimentary evening wine and cheese social, but we missed it this trip, but we will be back soon. No hotel is perfect, but the bang for our hard earned bucks, simply stated no comparisons 5+ stars.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
5  Thank Krista B
Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

Amazing hidden little gem !!! The staff is very friendly and the courtyard is amazing !!!! Rooms are very nice and quit big for a hotel !!! It does have a continental breakfast .... really nice place !!! We will be back!!!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mike L
Reviewed 1 January 2017

Staff was nice. Place was pretty dirty and not well kept up. It had an odor in the rooms and they looked dirty - I thought the room was dark and again didn't seem clean. The gym was closed and even peeking in, it was minimally provided and dirty. You did have to walk up the stairs and one set of stairs was "under repair" so staying at the end where the stairs were under repair I had to cart my stuff up/down the stairs.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

Very clean hotel. Comfortable beds and pillows. Loved the location, nice walk to campus and restaurants. Close drive to shopping and other restaurants. No elevators so you have to walk up a set of stairs if you are on the second level, no problem for us as we appreciated the exercise. We heard no noise from our neighbors just kids walking by.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ParksDavis
Vineyard C, General Manager at Vineyard Court Designer Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

Thank you for your review! It's great to hear that you enjoyed our facility and found our accommodations clean and comfortable. Please don't hesitate to let us know how we might make your next stay even more enjoyable. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

First I will list the positives: the bed is comfortable, the pillows are firm, which I appreciate, the water pressure is good and the toiletries are very nice.

Why I won't be staying here again:
1. If I had known I would be walking up an outside staircase in heels and the heat every day with my heavy work bags to get to and from my room, I wouldn't have stayed here in the first place. To make matters a little more annoying, there are 2 staircases in the hotel, one at each end of the courtyard, but one is "out of order." My room was at the far end of the courtyard, the end with the broken staircase, so I couldn't conveniently park at the far end of the hotel and take the closest staircase, I had to go around through the front to get to the front staircase then walk the length of the hotel to my room. This was annoying, but worsened by the fact that I'm wearing heels and, even though it's October, it's still nearly 90 degrees out.
2. Not one person working at this hotel smiled at me, greeted me, or thanked me, over several days. Nor did anyone apologize when I had an issue with my keys suddenly not working. I felt as though I had annoyed the kid at the front desk with my not-being-able-to-get-in-my-room problem. This issue should be #1, actually. We business travelers have many choices when we travel and friendliness (even just pleasentness) goes a long way. The least the guy could have done when I checked in was say "thank you for choosing our hotel."
3. It's nice to have a small kitchen and use real plates and silverware for takeout, but the first glass I picked up was dirty, smudged with fingerprints and lipstick. I washed all of the dishes in the dishwasher before I used any of them.
4. Lastly, and maybe this is just my pet peeve, but I don't understand when hotels provide a coffee maker and no coffee. I don't travel with coffee and filters, though I would love to use the machine. There was a packet of coffee when I checked in, but after that, you're on your own.

I travel a lot and have had wonderful and terrible hotel experiences. This was definitely not the worst, but there's absolutely nothing that would draw me back to this hotel.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Itstoohotintexas

Thank you so much for your honest feedback. It's very disappointing to hear that we let you down in several areas during your stay. I would like to sincerely apologize that you were not at least greeted with the warm welcome that you deserve. This is totally unacceptable. Your business is very important to us and we are nothing without our guests. Thank you for pointing this out so we know where extra training is needed. The housekeeping issues will also be addressed with staff.

I would also like to apologize for the construction on the staircase - we realize the inconvenience and want future guests to know that it is only temporary and is currently being fixed.

I do sincerely hope you will consider giving us another chance to show you why we have so many loyal guests who only stay at Vineyard Court. At the very least - know that your feedback was helpful and it will be used to improve our service.