All reviews business trip nice hotel front desk staff room was clean pat freeport breakfast facilities gulf fridge sheets
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Room was nice and clean
Staff at desk was great Kate or Katie is very nice and welcoming (great first impression to the hotel)
Breakfast was clean and well organized the lady in the kitchen was on top of everything.

Overall was a good stay...experienced some issues but it was still a good stay

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Patricia B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Alex J,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at our hotel. We are happy overall you had a good stay. If there are any issues that come up during your stay, please make us aware of them so that we can try to fix them for you. We look forward to you next stay.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

The hotel looked clean, and it was perfect for a quick one night stay. It looked like recently renovated, and the housekeeping does a great job keeping the room clean. I did smelled slight odor in the hallway, but not sure what it was. The bed was comfortable. WiFi was fine for our needs. Breakfast choices was fine and just what you would expect. The room has all the basics, fridge, microwave, safe, iron, etc. I am not very familiar with Holiday Inn, but surprised to learn they would charge about $36 more than the booking price at the check-in. It is adjusted to the original booking price at the check-out if you don't buy or charge anything to the room. Not sure that is how much many people wold charge from the small shop they have, but never had encountered this practice at other hotels before. Night time front receptionist was nice and friendly, but the morning receptionist couldn't bother to even look at us as we were leaving. And there were no other customers at the lobby to assist.

Stayed: August 2017

Dear 175MOM,

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. Many hotels ask for an incidental authorization upon checkout. Hope this did not cause inconvenience for you. We are happy you were able to have comfortable stay. I apologize for your experience when leaving the hotel. Ths will be look into. Thank your for your feedback.

Pat B./gsm

Reviewed 2 August 2017

The room was clean and spacious. The staff were very courteous and helpful and offered fabulous suggestions for local restaurants. The facilities were clean and maintained. The only concern I witnessed was where the pool gate was rusted out was where the kids wanted to play. Otherwise, great central location with a fabulous breakfast and courteous staff.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Patricia B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear Kimberly124,

We are happy you were pleased with your stay at our hotel. We welcome the feedback from our guest. We will be taking care of the pool gate. Thank you for letting us know of your concern. We look forward to your next stay.

Pat B./gsm

Reviewed 18 May 2017

I enjoyed the room and the pool area. I was not too happy with the renovations going on and think that I should not have paid the same for a room I had to walk through dust and mayhem to get to. However, I am just being picky. The hotel is nice and I plan to return next month. I am planning for this hotel to be my get-away spot in this area.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathy J
Patricia B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Dear Kathy J,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at our hotel. I am sorry that it was during our renovation. Renovations can make it hard but the finished results make it worth it.

We look forward to your future visits with us and are happy that you would like to make us your get-away spot.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

frustration when checking in.. the room I had reserved many months ahead was under renovation. Carmen at the front desk worked very hard to find another room to accommodate my needs ...even when her shift ended she made sure the incoming shift knew what was happening. The hotel accommodated us and were very helpful and apologetic for the inconvenience! As we continued in and out they were very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Kru-HIExpress, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Dear txtlger2017,

Please accept our sincere apology regarding your reservation at check in. We are happy that Carmen was able to assist you with the problem.

We appreciate your feedback. Please come back and stay with us.

Jay, Kru, and the entire team @Holiday Inn Express & Suites--Clute/Lake Jackson