“Seafood Greatness”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe's Crab Shack is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 105 Restaurants in Cedar Hill
Reviewed 18 April 2015

Great restaurant! Wonderful food! Excellent service! We were hungry for Joe's and this was a great location. I noticed some of the wait staff appeared to be newbies, but the more experienced servers were there to help. They all seemed to be willing to help out by checking on and servicing each others stations. Lots of management around that night checking things out. I commented to the manager that she had an excellent staff and she told me she had only been there a few weeks and was trying to change things up to make service and food better. She has done her homework and it shows. Everything was great! Well worth getting off the Interstate to eat at this location.

Reviewed 17 March 2015

There is a lot that is good about this restaurant, especially if you like spicy seafood and loud noise.

We had some issues with menu items not being available and some cleaning that needed to be addressed, but I spoke with Greg, the Director of Operations, and he assured me they were working with the local managers and staff to correct some cleaning, service and communication shortcomings.

Give them a few weeks to work out the kinks with cleanliness, food and service, and see if things improve so each guest can have a wonderful experience.

Hoping by the time you visit that everything will be better and you and your party have a memorable time! If it is a birthday or other celebration, be sure to tell the server because they like to help with song and fun.

Reviewed 16 February 2015

Miss the Joe's C.S. they closed in Lexington, KY; so happy to see one on my trip here. Because I was in town for a sad occasion I decided to treat myself well. I had the lobster & crab - I think it was called Lobster Daddy, and it was delicious. I also ordered a Margeurita and specified to the waitress to have it made so it didn't taste like alcohol. It was one of the best I've had in a while. (Of course saying that, I should also say I rarely have an alcoholic beverage.) Excellent experience; will return if I ever find myself in the area.

Reviewed 9 October 2014

My husband, daughter and I ate here over the weekend after the Dallas game (they won!) and figured it would not be as crowded as the one in Arlington. Thank goodness we were right! It was very relaxing, the food was enjoyable and our waiter Chris was great. The food was hot and came out correctly. My Mahi Mahi was a little overcooked, but I still ate it because the flavor was there. We sat a little bit enjoying the breeze and nice weather when the chef came out and asked how was everything. We said it was great and he said, glad you liked it - hang out for about 5 minutes I have something for you. Well to our surprise he treated us to a catfish dinner, fresh out of the fryer! We will be back and feel this is only the beginning of many great memories of Joe's!

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

This was a great restaurant in the past so I went there even though the reviews indicated poor service. The reviews were spot on. Our waiter complained of too many hours and low tips and even sat at our table for 15 minutes and complained. Our appetizers took over 30 minutes to arrive so you can imagine the wait for the food. What was must troubling was that no one, the manager included, ever smiled. The bartender looked angry from across the room and ask we were drinking was tea and water. It was a disappointing evening.