“It's Babes!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 15 October 2017

We love Babe's! Order anything and you should love it or something is wrong with you! It's family style and about $13 a plate. FYI, they do offer a vegetable plate option for half the price. We order one plate with a meat (chicken fried steak) and one vegetable plate and my husband and I split the chicken fried steak. It is more than enough food! All of the locations have an awesome atmosphere. In my opinion, Arlington has the best atmosphere inside; Frisco has the best atmosphere outside because, while waiting for your table they have a museum with old houses and a train you can look at; and at Carrolton the atmosphere is great as long as you are not seated in the "chicken coop". We love to walk the Carrolton Square while waiting on our table. It's a loud atmosphere, which I like, because we don't have to worry about our children being too loud. Would recommend to anyone and everyone!

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Do you remember the Sunday gatherings at Grandma's house; when the house was packed with relatives all engaged in different conversations? Where all you had to do was show up, sit down and eat, and not worry about the dishes? You got your plate with your meat, and then passed around the side dishes of mashed potatoes, green beans, etc.? Babe's is like that. I would have given it a 5 except we did not get the opportunity to see the menu before ordering, so we had no idea what the pricing was. Otherwise we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

I've been to Babes many many times. I always get the fried chicken or the fried catfish. This is the best fried chicken I've purchased from any restaurant.

The menu is very limited so you have to be prepared especially if you have picky eaters in your party. They don't do very many substitutions or special orders.

I typically order take out which I enjoy. The good thing about take out is that the quality is the same as it is when dining in.

The mashed potatoes are always delicious. The green beans are delicious as well. They are not low calorie and not vegetarian.

The biscuits are the best but they are stingy with them so be sure to ask for extras.

The only thing they don't do well is desserts. I think I've tried all of them and have not liked any.

Overall, Babes is great. It is a good value for the price because of the quality of the meal and the quantity of the meal.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Great chicken and tasty sides dishes, with an excellent service crew. However, the concrete floors seem to trap all LOUD conversations from the surrounding tables. Ask for a table by a wall, if possible! But, once every 3 months make is a good dining experience.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

The food is good (but not calorie free!) and this place is great at serving large groups and lots of food. Employees always seem to look like they are having a great time. Chicken fingers are the best (less messy than the actual chicken...) And of course, the gravy! Yum-O!