“Great Food”

Gennaro's Trattoria
Ranked #1 of 74 Restaurants in Canyon Lake
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated, Gennaro's Trattoria serves authentic Italian cuisine, originating from Naples, Italy, made from fresh ingredients. Gennaro's Trattoria's motto is "che mangia bene, vive bene" or, "who eats well, lives well." We invite you to enjoy and enrich your life by dining with us.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Hubby and I got the evening’s specials - white fish and grilled lamb chop. The food was outstanding. Our waiter, Zach, made it that much more enjoyable with his witty comments, outstanding recommendations, and superb service. A more enjoyable evening was had by no one. The ambiance was delightful. Don’t pass up the sangria.

Date of visit: November 2018
Gennaro D, Owner at Gennaro's Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Melody, it means so much to our team and especially Zach that you enjoyed your visit so much! Thank you for the kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back soon to try out more tasty dishes.

Until next time,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have been here several times and it's always a great experience. The food is excellent, nice wine list, very pleasant and comfortable, good service even though most servers tend to be very young, and the price is totally reasonable. When we have visitors new to the area we often do a tour of the lake and end with dinner at Gennaros.

Date of visit: March 2018

I'm glad you always have a great experience, Ramicha! Thank you for including us on such special occasions with your visitors. Be sure to come see us again whenever you're around.

Until next time,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was impressed by the attitude of the service staff and the appearance of the facility. Then they brought the complimentary EVOO/bread/garlic knots. OMG!!! I had already ordered, but could have easily just sat there eating that instead. Not sure what the spice mix is in the EVOO, but it is great!

Brouchette was very good, but you have to be a bit careful eating it. There was a lot of tomato on the bread, and there was a bit of "spillage". ;-) Rigatoni and sausage was very flavorful. I didn't get dessert (I polished off the last of the EVOO...)

Highly recommended

Date of visit: November 2018

Randy, your recommendation means a lot to us! Thanks for the kind words for the food, service, and restaurant itself. See you next time for more garlic knots and pasta.

Best,

Reviewed 6 November 2018

My family eat at Gennaro's quite often and also do take out. The food is the best in the area and the atmosphere in the restaurant is very nice. Have a good wine selection.

Date of visit: October 2018
Gennaro D, Owner at Gennaro's Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Melinda, it's great that you always have a good visit! Looking forward to welcoming you back soon for a nice meal and glass of wine.

Until then,

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited from out of town. We had a great time. The bread and olive oil before the meal was excellent. We had a great pizza and also a pasta dish with stuffed shrimp. Great food.

Date of visit: November 2018

I'm glad you had a great visit from start to finish! Be sure to come see us again whenever you're around as we truly look forward to serving you again.

All my best,