“Poorly cooked and bland”
Review of Rockin Roadrunner

Rockin Roadrunner
Ranked #20 of 74 Restaurants in Canyon Lake
Reviewed 9 May 2018

I have eaten Vietnamese food all over the United States for decades and have had native Vietnamese friends who owned an excellent authentic Vietnamese restaurant in another state. I was overjoyed to find out about a Vietnamese restaurant in this area, but was horribly disappointed when I went to Rockin' Roadrunner. I even went there twice just to be sure I had not simply gone there on a bad day because I was missing real Vietnamese food so badly. Unfortunately, on both occasions, the food, while appearing Vietnamese, was so bland and toned down as to bear virtually no relationship to the Vietnamese food I have known. The wantons were so over-cooked that the noodles fell away from the meat and tasted like mush. It was obvious they had been in the soup for quite some time. The broth was tasteless and could not be salvaged no matter how many spices or fish sauce I added. The garlic dish had virtually no taste of garlic, the cabbage chicken was missing flavor, Larry's special, while nicely presented, again had next to no real flavor. The egg roll was over fried, but, at least, retained some flavor. The spring rolls were over-stuffed with noodles and very little meat. Even the so-called Vietnamese coffee was extremely weak. The guest I brought, who also knew Vietnamese food, was of the same opinion. We'll keep searching, but won't be back to Rockin' Roadrunner. I cannot describe how disappointed we were.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

This was a great little whole in the wall with good Asian food and burgers and superb service! Very friendly folks and fabulous food! Support the locals!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

Asian food made fresh and with love! What a hole in the wall that is a complete gem! My husband does not like asian food but with the previous reviews we decided to give it a try and so glad we did. Be prepared to wait because they make your food fresh and from scratch but it is so worth it. I had the steamed cabbage chicken and my husband had the garlic pork. Both were excellent!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Right on the main road in a strip mall, EASY to find. And a great menu with reasonable prices. Perfect for the weekend family getaway :)

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 9 April 2017

If you like Vietnamese/ Asian food, please give this restaurant your business! Our whole family loves their food and we want to keep eating it for a long time...

This is a family-owned restaurant, and they are friendly and helpful. They use only very fresh ingredients. EVERYTHING we've tried has been delicious, and we've been here several times, both for eat-in and take-out. Also, very reasonably priced!

Some suggestions: The pho, served only on weekends, uses very lean and tender beef and pork. The fried rice is very good, the kimchi likewise. And for a special treat, try the Roadrunner's Nest that comes with quail eggs. Wow--I licked the plate clean!

Date of visit: March 2017