All reviews bathroom floor other hotels free breakfast palo motel panhandle microwave campus tile comfort
Reviewed 9 July 2018

The best part about this hotel is it is centrally located so you can walk to restaurants, museum, college campus, downtown etc. The staff was friendly and helpful. They have bottled water in the office available any time. Room was nice and the price of room was very reasonable. The bathroom floor in the corners could have used a little scrubbing but as a whole it was clean. Air conditioner in our room was located in an odd spot so it took a while to cool the room down.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

This was not a good experience, the ac unit was broken on the inside but did keep the room cool. After checking out, they added $100.00 dollars to the room bill. Claimed we smoked in the room. Called hotel, they said they could not refund the money because the do not keep customer info for more than two days. The clerk on the phone was very rude.Everything in room was very outdated, and barely adequate. Will not stay here again. If looking for a room in Canyon, Tx, look elsewhere.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ralph P
Reviewed 8 November 2017

My wife and I have stayed here many times over the past few years traveling through the panhandle because of the great location, and this time we were happy to see that there have been some nice renovations. The bath in our room was newly tiled and had new fixtures, we had a newer mini fridge and microwave, and the bed and linens seemed of better quality than we remembered. Also, the exterior and room windows have been upgraded. Okay, it's not the Ritz, but it's clean and has a great location. After a long day in the car we like to go for a pleasant walk through the West Texas A & M campus across the street, and we always have a meal at Feldman's three blocks away, they never disappoint! Great burgers, chicken, salads and plates. For value, convenience, and comfort, the inn is now our regular stop when overnighting in the panhandle.

Room Tip: King room #12 is spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank S P
Reviewed 26 October 2017

The room was clean, and the bed was nice, but the clerk lied to me. He told me that he was offering me the last room for the night. Because it was his last room, he had to charge me for a double. As soon as he was done checking me in, he immediately rented another room to two gentlemen. Also he kept the vacancy sign on at least until I went into my room. They advertise a senior citizen discount on their web site. I was never offered that even though I am sure he knew I qualified. In the morning I got one cup of coffee, and drank it in the room. When I went back for a second cup, the pot was missing. When I dinged the bell for service, no one came out. I went back to my room thinking that he was making another pot, but he didn't. I wasn't impressed.

Room Tip: It's a one floor motel.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Normally like mom and pop businesses. $75 Room with 2 beds. Then we are told when we checked in if we used both beds $85. Paid to use 1 bed. Turned down the bedding on the first bed hairs and no telling what else! No towels either. Do not recommend.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple