US$134
US$112
US$92
US$128
US$110
All reviewsbathroom floorother hotelsfree breakfastpalomotelpanhandlemicrowavecampustilecomfort
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Needed to find a place to stay after seeing the Texas musical at Palo Duro. Decided to take a bit of a risk on this place as it was half the cost of the other hotels in Canyon. This is a basic '50s-'60s era motor inn that is in need of updating. But the rooms are clean, have fridge and a microwave, comfortable beds and very good WiFi. They also give you coupons for a free breakfast at the McDonald's next door. If you're just looking for a place to sleep for a night or two, it's a good option.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank wxinms1
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

The room was a decent price. The location of the hotel is great if you need to be on campus. The room itself is outdated. There were flies in the room and a grasshopper in the shower. The light cover in the bathroom was missing. The room had a TV mounted on the wall. Noise level was normal for being near the road. The staff was very nice. Greeted you by your first name since it's limited space.

If I ever need to test at West Texas A&M I would probably stay there again since the location is so close, but I will take a blanket and a pillow again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Basic motel with very comfy beds and pillows. Lamps on both sides of the bed with plugs and USB plugs were appreciated! I liked that the floors were not carpeted but wood/laminate. We got coupons for breakfast at McDonald's next door for each night. Some improvements can still be made (towels!) But they are trying. There are a microwave & fridge in room.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gabriele G
Reviewed 18 July 2017

I chose to stay in Canyon, Texas in order not to have to deal with Amarillo. Canyon is about 20 miles outside of Amarillo and a short drive. When I got to Buffalo Inn and got checked in, the room seemed nice with a refrigerator, free wi-fi, and a table where I could set up my computer and cameras to do my processing of the day's shots. The motel was not full and I was tucked into a corner away from the main road. The bathroom was all tile - old tile that needed some work to get it updated and cleaned. The tub was worn, but the water pressure was good, there was lots of hot water, but the towels were a bit small and thin for my taste. Also, the bottom sheet on the bed was not a fitted sheet, and wasn't large enough to cover both ends of the mattress (top and bottom) to be tucked in. Every time I moved when I slept, the bottom sheet moved with me. This was very aggravating and I hope they get new sheets that will fit the beds better.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank AuntieM64
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Buffalo Inn, is a basic motel. That is what led me to stay there, they had made major improvements. I, loved the fact that my mattress was brand new!! I thought I would get and old sink-hole mattress for the rate....but the mattress was awesome!! I am in my 50's and remember moving from Michigan to Phoenix in 1976, and the rooms we stayed in. This motel has that old time charm...with the updates for today's people. I, Want to thank the MGR. the housekeepers, and the owners for making my stay very good.

I, do have one thing to say about the front desk. I, was charging my laptop in an outlet. When I unplugged it, I just ripped it out.... And, I caused a fuse to blow as the outlet was damaged with my force. Well, they moved me to another room at 2am. and fixed the outlet I broke by 9am. That was awesome..at 2am!!.no problem!!

Room Tip: If you like to get to your room and sit outside... stay on the South side rooms, great shade.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business