See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Most of the hotels in the area were booked due to local events, but we found this one and the price was right at $55. Pulled into the motel which looked like something from the movie No Country for Old Men. The desk clerk/manager was outside smoking a cigarette which she quickly extinguished to wait on us. When we walked in to the small office, there was a barefooted guy sprawled out on the couch watching TV. As we were filling out paperwork, a large, friendly German Shepherd stood up with his front paws on the counter and wanted some lovin'. Great dog.
Anyway, we weren't expecting too much from the room after this introduction. Got to the room (#18) and had trouble getting the key into and out of the door lock (no deadbolt as in the other rooms) but finally got in. Would have felt much more secure with a flip-action deadbolt added.
What a surprise to find a fairly large room by budget motel standards, nice comfortable beds with fresh linens, towls, soap, shower, a smallish TV with remote, fridge and microwave (both unplugged). The bathroom was fairly large also, with a 30-40s gas heater on the wall. There was a new window unit in the wall for AC and probably heat, but we didn't need either.
After a great night's sleep, we returned the key to the closed office to find a sign saying No Pets Allowed :)
We could have paid $85 for a smaller room down the street that looked nicer on the outside, but with all the good things inside we didn't care. We just needed a comfortable place to sleep
Would go back next time we're in the area to play with the friendly dog and get another good value deal on the room.
I vascillated between Average and Very Good in the overall rating, but chose VG due to the value.

Room Tip: Very quiet area. Didn't hear much until the neighbors started packing up and leaving.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank rkondivers
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I stayed 3 nights with arrowhead i felt at home the office was helpful and the. wi- fi was in my room not at office. It will be where i stay in Burnet bec i stayed at the Sundown across the hughway and OMG!! Gross rude peopke can't understand them awful dirty bathrooms nasty and they tell u u can't stay in ur room allday runnin any electricity! U have to leave. THANK U ARROWHEAD IN BURNET TX

• Stayed: March 2013
8  Thank jenniferjohnson943
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Arrowhead is the worst Motel/Hotel we've been. The place is old, dirty and we are pretty sure that it hasn't been renovated since it was built. The "manager" a woman from India does not care at al for her guests. Thankfully we were there just for 1 night because she cut the water and when we complain about it she just said "I am sorry" . I don't understand how authorities even from the same town let people like this run a place that suppose to be attractive for tourists. This is a bad image for Burnet, that's for sure. So PLEASE, PLEASE follow my advise. If every other hotel is completely booked, SLEEP IN YOUR CAR!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Adetecar
Reviewed 28 September 2012

We were sent to this motel by another motel owned with the same owner because they didn't have our reserved rooms available. The Arrowhead motel looked rundown from the outside. The pool had been filled in with dirt and the cinderblock building was painted blue. Our room had smears on the walls, stains on the chairs, the towels looked so dirty I didn't even want to touch them. The air conditioner was ancient and was blowing lukewarm air. The smoke alarm bracket was empty. Our friends' room had a dead roach in the bathroom, the sink was dirty and the room smelled like a locker room. They had wi fi but only if you stood outside the office. We decided to leave and the manager did refund our money, but she was not happy about it. We paid more to go to the Best Western and it was well worth the money!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank janendtx
Reviewed 31 May 2012

This is another typical motel run down by the ownership of a person from India. I will give them credit as the sheets were clean however the shower stall was dirty, there was no shower head just a pipe, the towels were stained and the carpet was so dark you couldn't tell if it was clean or not. The swimming pool had been filled in, no breakfast, period. When I ask if there was coffee I was told there was a McDonalds across the street. There was a microwave and refrigerator in the room but not electricity. I had to put the refrigerator on the bathroom counter because the cord would not reach. Suprisingly there was an ice machine but no other amenities.

I have two comments about every hotel/motel I have ever stayed in owned by someone from India. They do not do any maintenance and they do not know what bleach is for. I do not recommend anyone stay here. Pay the extra bucks and get a clean room with coffee and breakfast somewhere else.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo