US$145
GardenInn.com
US$128
US$106
CandlewoodSuites
Days Inn by Wyndham Bryan(Bryan)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$137
US$127
US$132
US$75
US$161
US$179
Travelocity
All reviewsla salledowntown bryanwithin walking distancetrain trackscorner roomfront desklots of charactercomplimentary breakfast was very goodclaw foot tubloud traincomfortable seatingoffered ear plugsantique shopscollege stationdowntown areamodern stylechain hotels
Reviewed 13 December 2016

Was not pleased with the front desk when I request a mini fridge four times in two days and never received one. When asked to speak to a manager I was advised no one was available. The room was clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a nice view.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert H
Reviewed 20 November 2016

Historical hotel in re-invigorated downtown Bryan. Walking distance to restaurants, bars, wine bar, interesting shops, stain glass studio, art gallery, microbrewery, book store, Carnegie Library, etc. Being able to walk to venues reduces hassle/risk of driving in a college town.
Rooms comfortable, clean. Good WiFi. Complementary breakfast is good.
Bar/courtyard in hotel has improved bookings for live acts in courtyard including recently Mike Gallo & Bart Woytek.
Service is good with great employees (Jessica & Ashley at front desk, Leroy, & Selena at Bar).
Have used hotel for business trips, couple weekends, family weekends, etc.
Having stayed in this hotel 10+ times/year for past 5+ years, we have seen up/downs (as with any business) with management/staff changes. The more recent changes have the LaSalle back on the uptrend & we look forward to it continuing!!!
Note: Trains travel thru downtown Bryan a few times day & night. We find the sound of trains "romantic" invoking memories of when most traveled by rail.

Room Tip: If band in courtyard,may want to choose room on higher floor or on north side..
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2016

Last weekend was the 2nd time I've stayed at the LaSalle, and it was just as good as the first! This old-timey building has lots of character and they do a good job of mixing in some modern things to decorate the rooms. This time we had a gorgeous claw-footed tub as our shower. It had a circular curtain rod and was very nicely done. The bed was comfy and we had an extra room with a daybed, microwave & fridge. There is a very loud train that goes by several times - I think the first time I heard it was 4 am. But I sleep easily so it was no problem for me to fall back asleep. It adds to the charm of the adorable area. There are lots of restaurants and bars in the square, as well as unique shops -- all within walking distance. I will definitely go back!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2016

We recently stayed at this hotel and while it was comfortable and clean (pricey for what you get) the management will not follow through when there is a problem. I had booked the 2 room suite which is not a suite it is two room no sitting area. When we arrived they told us they did not have our reservation or the room we booked. The only room they had was a room with a claw foot tub which I am handicap and cannot use. Because it was late and we were promised a comp we decided to stay and not look for other accommodation. The manager in the morning promised to contact Hotels.com and reduce our rate. After waiting several weeks and no refund I called Hotels.com to find out what happen. The hotel refused to give any refund even though the room was not available. Hotels.com did step up and offer me a voucher to us towards my next stay I booked through them. I would you caution if you stay at this hotel to only book through a 3rd party so if something goes wrong you have some protection.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2016

I can't speak for the rooms as I have not stayed there, but the variety of motifs is intriguing. The restaurant is quite good, reasonably priced and the staff is very courteous. Personally I think it presents a unique place to check out and offers a more interesting nuance than all the chain hotels in the area. The live, outdoor music in front of the hotel is a definite bonus.

Note. Bryan as a whole as trains that come through and they are not bashful about their horns. They don't bother me, but some find them annoying.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business