All reviewscarriage housepool housethe main housestar roomhot tubthe blue roombed and breakfastoutdoor spacebeautiful swimming poolterrific place to staygas firelovely groundswonderful breakfasthelpful with suggestionsfirst morningwashington countyegg dishes
Reviewed 28 March 2017

This is an excellent B&B for those needing a place to stay while enjoying all the Brenham area has to offer, or just wanting a nice, peaceful place to relax. This is my second stay and neither have disappointed. The rooms are very clean, the breakfasts are fantastic and beautifully presented and the hosts go out of their way to accommodate. I would definitely recommend and will stay again if the occasion arises.

Room Tip: The balcony room is great! Has a wonderful view and perfect for sipping a cup of coffee or glass of wine.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2017

When life is hectic and time isn't on our side, my husband and I like to plan a two day staycation at a B&B. The goal is to arrive and do absolutely nothing, unless our hearts tell us to. I researched and settled on Far View for a number of reasons; appearance, there is a pool, the description of the breakfast offered seemed better than a packaged pastry other B&B's provided and there was a DVD player in the room. Getting to the location was the easiest hour drive I've ever made (NW of Houston). The property is in a residential neighborhood, but didn't immediately scream B&B. It has a lot of greenery and is quiet. We arrived a little early, but found our keys waiting for us. We booked the Pool House 2. The room was perfect! It was clean, had cable and it's own thermostat. Our first morning there, the breakfast provided was a yogurt cup w/ fruit, a cinnamon toast w/ bacon and additional fruit. No egg dish was provided as previously informed. My husband wasn't impressed, so we opted out of breakfast the second morning. It wasn't warm enough to take advantage of the pool, and we were too lazy to even crawl into the jacuzzi. Brenham is a small place where everyone is "just around the corner". Our times was primarily spent, sleeping, reading and watching multiple redox movies. It was just the break we needed from the everyday Houston hustle and bustle. I would definitely return to the location and do a bit more roaming of the city and shops.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2017

We stayed in the carriage house; my94 year old mom, myself and my husband. It was beautifully refurbished with top notch materials. We noted that everything was impeccably clean and beautifully furnished. The grounds were like visiting a garden. My husband said that he felt like we were getting to stay in one of the beautiful old houses we have toured in various cities. Steve, the innkeeper, could not have been more welcoming. He was very friendly but you didn't feel like you were intruding in his house the way some bed and breakfast type places feel. He lives in a separate area, out of the house. If you needed anything though, he was right there to help. The breakfast was delicious and nutritious, an elegant sit down affair in the big house. We plan to return to the area again in the future and will definitely be staying here again! We will also recommend it to friends and family and also to you! Go for it. You will not be sorry!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2017

We booked the Far View Bed and Breakfast without much knowledge of the place. We were so glad we did!!! It was the perfect weekend getaway. Steve is awesome and so willing to share suggestions. We ate at every place he recommended and were not disappointed!! And he cooks a wonderful breakfast!! We enjoyed walking around the property and even popped in the hot tub!
We look forward to another visit!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2017

We stayed in the Carriage Suite - very roomy and well equipped, even a real gas fire. Watch out for the shower attachment on the nice hip bath!
The owner is very friendly and knowledgeable, and his recommendations for eating and visiting were excellent.
The breakfast was substantial and tasty, and if the weather had been warmer the pool and pool eating area would have been very inviting. An early dip in the hot tub was very nice, though.
We would happily stay again.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends