“Just another glowing 5 star review”

Far View - A Bed and Breakfast Estate
Ranked #3 of 6 Brenham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

What can I say about Steve & Linda that hasn't been said before? Friendly, interesting and interested. We were greeted on arrival and it never went down hill.

It was rainy so we didn't get a chance to walk the property, but what we saw was beautiful. The inside is immaculate and tasteful. My honey was very pleased with room I chose, The Garden Room, even though small.

Breakfast was delicious. I couldn't have been happier with our one night stay as we travelled towards Galveston.

Highly recommend.

PS Our dinner at "96 West" was amazing too. In the morning, Sunday, we stopped at the Campion Fellowship Church and found it to be a welcoming and inspirational experience.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 July 2016

Stayed here for one night with family members. The setting of the B&B is spectacular; although in the heart of Brenham, it is completely secluded in a large property with many huge trees and lush vegetation. Unfortunately the room was nothing special. We stayed in the Carriage House which has a queen bed in the main room with a sitting area and a nice-sized kitchen and table and chairs. The decor of the room was odd and random and the amenities were not well maintained--poor selection for the Keurig machine, no water bottles in the refrigerator... There is a small separate bedroom with two twin beds and an unattractive doorless wardrobe showcasing the iron and ironing board. The bed I slept in was hard as a rock. I love a firm bed but this desperately needed a foam mattress topper. I woke up at 4:30am with a very painful hip from sleeping on my side and was never able to get back to sleep. Breakfast was nice but nothing special. The lovely grounds make up for a lot, though.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2016

I had a chance to stay at Far View over the 4th of July holiday and had a wonderful peaceful time. I was looking for a B&B for a solo trip to decompress and Far View fit the bill. I met a lovely couple from Houston (Katie and Shane) on my first morning and had lovely conversation. This is the thing I like about B&B’s, meeting people from all walks of life and the great conversation. It varies, but again, adds to the charm. On the next night I had the place to myself and this was exactly what I needed.

I stayed in the Garden Room, small, but absolutely perfect for a person traveling alone. I added a few more photos of the room to give a better idea of its layout as I did not find many when I was researching for my stay. This room suitable for a young couple or person traveling alone. The bathroom is tiny, but again, perfect for and individual or young couple. In a couple of words, it is cozy and economical. If you like to spread out, this is not the room for you, but I was privy to a tour of the other rooms and they were all accommodating and lovely and varied in size, so you have a variety of choices. If I stay again, I will most likely choose the balcony room.

I spent my time relaxing, so the quiet and tranquility of the grounds and the pool were perfect for me. It is in a neighborhood, but the lot on which the B&B is situated is large and surrounded by trees and foliage that give it an air of privacy and seclusion. I relaxed poolside most of my second day and then wandered off to explore. One thing I forgot about a small town and holiday, the place become a ghost town. So, if you want to take advantage of the variety of stores and restaurants, I do not recommend going on a holiday as I did. I still had a great time, but I missed this part.

The breakfast was great and is served daily at 8:30 am. Richard and Linda the innkeepers were very welcoming and gracious. Thank you for a great stay, I will definitely book another.

Room Tip: The Garden room is perfect for a solo traveler wanting a getaway or on business. Be advised the bat...
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2016

Loved it and the pool. Breakfast window a little too slim -- snooze past 9 and you lose. In town 96 West Restaurant is EXCELLENT and the little Farmer's Market on the square serves wine and cheese. Wish we had known that Saturdays were the big nights!

Room Tip: If you are challenged by stairs or uneven paths -- be sure to notice walk to room from parking
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2016

The property is awesome. Great pool area. The room was clean and very large. The property manager greeted us and was very friendly. The breakfast was very nice too. This was our second stay and it is much nicer than any of the hotels in the area and location is much better too.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brenham
1.3 km away
1.3 km away
Palace Inn Brenham
Palace Inn Brenham
#7 of 11 in Brenham

Been to Far View - A Bed and Breakfast Estate? Share your experiences!